[Noob] The Kind-of-Boosted | Loaded Vanguard | Caliber II 50 | Dual Torqueboard 6355 190KV | Torqueboard VESC

When I’m saying “there’s nothing better” it’s like saying"hang loose". I don’t want you to make a noose and remive your skeletal structure :grinning:. To be 100% accurate, I doubt there’s a wheel that is better performing or has as long if a lifetime.

Kegels are great wheels, they are just too hard and don’t offer a lot if ‘ride over’ performance. Until I see 1000 set of Boas out there for a year with no issues, I’m just not interested as I would bet cash money I wont like them BETTER than Flywheels.

Honestly, the kegek core design is not as great as everyone makes it out to be, but the Abec core design isn’t perfect either, so to each his own I guess.

So, in closing… @bobbobman, it’s all your choice. Buy what you like, if your like everyone else around here it won’t be the last set if wheels you buy. This is better addiction than heroin, although not necessarily cheaper :grinning:.

1 Like

Sweet baby Jesus that’s a lot of info! Very detailed and it’s awesome that you took the time to write it all out!

@bobbobman ping me if you have any questions about the products from BKB and @BoostedBuilder thanks for the shout!

6 Likes

Allllright update time! Taking into account all the advice I’ve received, and a few more hours of reading, here’s my updated parts list:

Hardware:

Board: Loaded Vanguard Flex 3 Trucks: Cailber II 50 Mounts: Self milled, based off the @JuniorPotato93 design if I can figure out a model for it, or the Enertion design if I can’t Wheels: 90mm Ollin Popocas Wheel Pulleys: 3D printed 36t kegel pulleys by @JuniorPotato93 (decided to give myself the option for more speed)

Motor Pulleys: 14t from TB collections/motor-pulleys/products/14t-htd5-motor-pulley-12mm Can’t seem to find them in 15mm so 12mm will have to do Enclosures: 3D printed, with fiberglass reinforcement based on design by @fraannk Risers: These, by @jackw I also looked into the group buy, but since I have free 3D printing, I figured I might as well take advantage of it

Electronics Motor and ESC: I’m sticking with the TB dual motor kit collections/electric-skateboard-power-kits/products/dual-motor-electric-skateboard-kit The FOCBOX looks really nice but I am on sort of a budget and an extra $110 would be a little much :frowning: I don’t neeeed FOC mode so I’ll make do with BLDC Battery: 10S3P Samsung 30Q pack by Hyper Ion Remote: Miami “Small Remote” https://miamielectricboards.com/shop-1/small-remote

So that’s looking like what I’m working with. Does it look better? @BoostedBuilder :slight_smile:

Yup!

When placing the order with them, write that you need the 15mm version, I believe they have them in stock, just not listed on the website. Correct me if I’m wrong @torqueboards

For the enclosure, you could 3d print them, but I strongly recommend getting the ones from @Eboosted. You’ll not regret it.

And for the riser, you can also 3d print it, it’s a nice design, but it will not dampen any vibrations so I’d suggest getting into the group buy as those will be made off urethane!

Good luck!

1 Like