Not so private, creeping on ESK8

Wait, where is the proof…?

The fact that Jason knew where the guy brought the vesc from, without the guy stating.

The guy didn’t state anywhere he brought his vescs from chacka

1 Like

Many times information has been leaked from PM’s, stop acting like this is new info.

4 Likes

@anorak234 @treenutter @onloop are the only mods i know of. Again only after being tagged.

5 Likes

I’ve even personally heard from a vendor that “someone was viewing their PM’s”. Let’s see if “someone” can find out who :wink: :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

I like this forum but everyone should know the PM system is compromised. Any sensitive discussions should be moved off site.

9 Likes

Depends on whether they’re using a pre-built forum website or a custom built. Usually pre-built forums templates don’t allow it.

This is an open source forum. It’s oretty easy to find out.

Discourse…

2 Likes

Man… that means onloop has all those dirty pictures of @mmaner mother @Sender has been PMing me.

26 Likes

What? Discourse?

1 Like

Mabye psychotiller too? :rofl:

It’s called “discourse” and it’s an open-source Ruby on Rails web app.

1 Like

Your one of my favorite people on the forum, so please don’t take what I am going to say as an insult or me being argumentative.

This is just untrue, as all would include me and I CANNOT and WOULD NOT. I cannot speak for any of the other mods, but I find it unlikely that the mods I deal with on a regular basis would do this.

I agree it crosses a moral boundary, but it absolutely does not cross a legal boundary. There is no protections of privacy on privately owned internet based communications system. This includes email and call recordings, for folks that are interested. Most states use a single party consent law, meaning that as long as one person consents to the the recording or reading of a communication it is legal…at least in the US. I’m not speaking of the right and wrong of the issue, just its legal standing.

I would advise any vendor to conduct communications outside of the forum if the topic is sales, R&D, development, etc.

11 Likes

No nipples though, he thinks the tape is more sexy.

3 Likes

The system the are using is called discourse… look it up. It’s open source… .:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ah gotcha. I’m not familiar with specifics. Not a coder. I just know a few things about website templates is all

cannot --> noob cannot --> member cannot --> regular cannot --> moderator can --> admin

12 Likes

What do you all have going down in your PMs that’s so secretive? :thinking: :joy:

1 Like

Everyone, with all due respect, what you’ve “heard” is less that important. Please don’t fan the flames unless you have facts.

4 Likes