NoWinds first commercial Board : Leiftech E-Snowboard

No Wind (-; No Hill No Problem :sunglasses:

Got some smaller issues with the Leiftech, recognized two cutoffs then the board dont power on anymore. Demount the upper case, i really recoment any kind of mini ratchet tool for this because they are not good to reach :

This is the main PCB :

Here you see also the Batterie indicator and the switch :

the reason for not powering on was a loose connector from the switch… all of theese connectors are on the loose side, used some ducttape for secure them

Here you see that the Battery cover startet to worn out really quick, the plastic is not tough :

also here on the corners :

Next issue was the remote, had a wipeout and crashed the remote into ground (-; The button gets damaged :

The little round metal piece on top is pressed by a plastic part wich was destroyed, take it apart and using now a 3mm Hexdriver for switching :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But what i do if the next time i break the remote complete? This is a problem with this “closed setups”… dont wanna spend 99$ on a new one … What you guys think, is there another BT remote which maybe work with the Leif ?

3 Likes

For you battery cover issue, you have to increase pressure between the battery cover clip and the bottom cover. Apply some heat with a hair dryer or something to avoid snapping the plastic.

http://community.leiftech.com/uploads/db2454/optimized/1X/1f7fc9fecba2722b73e9a2b84b07df92f92fb5c8_1_666x500.jpeg

(Tip from HoosierCruz)

3 Likes

Nice David, thanks for the drawing… now i understand.

that’s a good moment to put some DIY there :slight_smile: VESC time with GT2B !

get rid of the original enclosure and heaving aluminium blocks; it’s heavy.

1 Like

That’s not wrong that the genuine remote is shitty a little bit…

Yeah mate i will do for sure soon … got some Vesc´s laying around

Got u a spare enclosure, you would like to sell??? Love your work on this.

What for aluminium blocks you meant, the heatsinks? Bulky ones for sure.

You know whats the problem that i cant change to 2.4GHZ, my remotes on the eMTB´s are like belts (-; something you have to replace regulary :smiling_imp: Thats all… if i can get the BT one for lower price then 99$ i would buy it… but for a little remote thats waaay to much IMO

After investing 3 batterys yesterday in mainly riding switch i mounted today the Bindings.

Man thats great after a week without to feel the more control through the Bindings. I love this sliding stuff so much, really felt in love with my Leif :heart_eyes:

Also after heavy coning of the outer wheels i turned them around

Already orderd the Freebord dablues for replacement, thank @okp for pointing them out.

Little destroying on the Beltcover :

Be aware everything which is higher then aound 2cm will get in the way of the motors and drivesystem… you really have to take care !

Realized that the used setscrews on the motorpulley is to long …

This will not be your belt longlife new friends (-; Shitty imperial screws i got no driver for… will remove later and mounting new pulleys with metric treads

Battery is nearly full again, i have to go riding :imp: Hang Loose Jenso

7 Likes

its crazy how quickly you demolish everything. feels like leiftech didnt really have proper testers tbh …

6 Likes

Yes its strange… i really dont know whats the problem with my kind of riding that all stuff broke that fast :sunglasses:

Got problems again with my remote this afternoon … This video explain excact what was wrong…(not my video)

Easy fixing

4 Likes

I’m loving the in depth reviews. I know the tech is patented by Leiftech, but now that you know its limitations, could you design a modified motor mount or direct drive system that uses larger caster wheels, like 100mm+ and provides more clearance? Maybe for some light, smooth dirty path riding? That’s what I was proposing earlier. I wouldn’t think upgraded, aftermarket motor mounts would infringe on their patent.

Haha yeah as you can imagine i´m thinking of alot of mods (-; Really not know whats patented but as long as you dont sell it …

Next step is a upgrade to Vesc and Lipo Batteries and 2.4Ghz Remote

Would be very interrested in the possible Voltage for theese Sliprings ??? I think that a bit more voltage and a shorter gearing could increase the startup performance…

If i dont mentioned it : you have to do a push start, the cogging without is too bad

6 Likes

I’ve heard that those motors are about 400 kv!

1 Like

Yes @okp said that too. There are tons of possible motors like SK3 5065-280kv … longer then stock and lower kv for higher voltage What i not know is if its possible to put more voltage and or amps through the slip rings i dont got a clue

1 Like

Haha is it possible to look into this info when u take a look at the patent? How other folks can possibly know then that they are not building same system if all details are not dialed in?

Im also very curious.about.their slip.ring system but as far as i know.other.companies are also.using it.elsewhere.not.just.for esk8 purposes

//sorry for dots after words my phone likes to accidentally do that //

Yes that makes sense (-; Where we can see this patent?

Have a closeup look to the sliprings :

Here the motorwires go into the sliprings, dont open it more for now… i guess you have to press out the rings to see the soldering of the phase wires… dont want to destroy anything, still in my holidays :

New Problems :confounded: Loosing BT connection often… somethimes i can run only 30 seconds until the connection drops… Looked for loose connection again on the main PCB but dont find anything… BUT i found out that the “MainSwitch” can hit the FET´s :

What you see there are the heads of the phillips screws which hold the wires to the switch… see also the dust from this… WTF???

Removed the screws and soldered it direct… maybe i step on the enclosure by an bailout or anything … but this should not be happen IMO…

After swapping around the outer wheels after heavy coning the are now coned again in the opposite direction :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This here worried me most :

Do you see the cuts??? Not ride through glass… just normal concrete…

This is really fucking me up actually… i need replacement parts from US from Leiftech… how could this happen after 10 Days riding this board??

Glued it with Loctide stuff… hope it holds up a bit :angry:

4 Likes

to be honest… a lot of circuits look like they are completely made in china, for cheap :slight_smile: I always had worries for these ‘worrying’ black wheels… im interested in what kind of replacement they are going to offer you anyways… funny to see so many ‘incidents’ when you look inside or abuse the system a bit more than a casual weekend rider?

2 Likes

haha, next step is you gonna make it burn !!!

2 Likes

I will try to fit standart Freebord centerwheels… maybe it could work with an custom adapter and a new driveshaft…

Burn Bitch Burn

5 Likes

BTW This is their patent … pending

https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2015084978&redirectedID=true

2 Likes

Mh didnt find much text info, only a few schematics, one of them:

So does your motor system have tensioner too? Didnt see where it is located then mhh

at least i suspect it is a tensioner.

1 Like

no tensioner on the system.