Nuff Replacement Hub

So I picked up the two motors the truck and some PU covers, am I missing anything else?

The PU covers will be spare if you didnt know, but probably a good idea to get spares

Well I got a reply from Onan in China today. They are willing to sell me the original engine for $65 plus shipping. So for around $90 I will be back to running right about the time my neck heals from the two level disc replacement I had last Tuesday!!

Would this work with my current set-up? Or do I need a new remote and esc?

unfortunately unless someone has used that exact combo, theres a chance that they wont work together. My Koowheel hubs and Ownboard ESC will NOT work at all.

Seems like a gamble, unless someone chimes in.

65 $ for a motor is the price. Im sure because I ordered 2 of them for my Onan X2. Nuff is just rebranded.

i lately read you got itā€¦ignore the post i did-myfault! peace

No I still have not bought the motor yet. Did trade a firearm for a Halo Board 2. I am having nothing but a great time with it.

1 Like

Lol seems like a solid trade

1 Like

If the Nuff version worked it would be great. But it has failed me too soon. Plus theyā€™re dropping in price big on eBay. I saw one for sale the other day for $239 delivered. Brand new.

Dont understand the problems people have with the Nuff or the same Onan X2 model. I really never ever had any problems with it, except that i broke the inner aluminium cover of the motors by hitting the sidewalk hard as i do always hahahahaā€¦I just replaced them for 3 dollars and that it was. I had either any remote connection problems nor any issue on my drives. Donā€™t know for sure if there are the same parts build in both models(Nuff and Onan), but it seems like this. Anyhow, I love my Onans and the 4WD is a real weapon.

How much did they charge you for the two Motors delivered? Iā€™m in the states.

thats difficult, because i odered a very big box where the motors didt matter the shipping costs.

Well I disassembled everything on the enough board I mean everything. I took apart the ESC and found to burn marks underneath it. I bought a replacement ESC for $62 clean the hubs grease tubs and suddenly everything is working perfectly.

4 Likes

it magic hahahahahaā€¦well done, bro. Edit: remember to not use the breaks with fully charged batteries. They should be down to 80 or 90 %

1 Like

Now I got a corroded esc from my sisters sons Onan X3 drive. Disassembled everything, too and saw the esc got some water and almost died. I said almost because i can turn the drive on and ride it but i just can accelerate up to 10kmh(or maybe slower) and then theres something like a cutout. The drive stays on power and after slowing down i can accelerate again up to 10kmh until the cutout happens again and so on. Nice to know the price of an esc now so no worries hahaha. This leads me to my first experience in the diy sector. Also disassembled a dead battery pack which died because of condensation inside, too.

Now, after reading lots of threads (the onan x2 hack spud thread was interesting but i expected much more than how it turned out in the end) and knowing a bit more about batteries I really need to know the KV rating of the Onan x2 hubs.Does anyone Know about the KV rating?

I would like to know if it is possible to build (copy) the battery pack in 10s2p configuration with 30Q cells instead of the 22P cells that Onan uses without damaging the esc or the hubs? I saw that the bms in the packs takes space for 4 more batteries, what means if i use a balance charger I could fit 4 more cells in there easily which makes a 12s2p configuration possible if the motors and esc can handle that amount of power, but the esc could be changed to vesc or flipsky if it is the weak point with 12s battery. With a bit modification on the Battery enclosure a 9s3p configuration with 18650 cells could be done as well i think because theres space for 27 cells in total without big modifications. What do you guys think?

I put a cheap $45 ESC that came with the remote from eBay in mine. It only goes 19 miles an hour now but it does have four speeds. For $60 you can get one that will go faster. As far as the battery Iā€™m unsure.

1 Like

You might be able to fit more cells 10 -> 12s but will the ESC handle it? Obviously if youā€™re going with a vesc alternative youā€™ll likely be fine

1 Like

@JohnyEvil I will replace it with the original Onan X2 esc first and change the motors as well (from x3 to x2 motors). The esc comes complete with remote receiver installed so i can use my old remote again.

@anon64938381 yes i have to change esc to vesc or flip sky esc for 12s configuration. But its just an idea. At first i will use original parts and batteries. First try on batteries is to switch cells from 22P into 30Q in 10s2p, but this will be a future project because Iā€™m not able to solder my own battery packs right now (my wallet needs a recovery hahahaha) Another option is 9s3p or 8s3p by using a balance charger to skip the bms for more space. Edit: Only problem with 2 vesc could be the space, but it could workā€¦i will try that when my wallet is healthy again :wink: