[Official] Enertion Focbox Nexus App for iOS & Android

We all know it’s been a long time coming…

Introducing Focbox Nexus

The only app you will ever need for all your Enertion Focbox related needs.

Features include:

• Connect directly to the Focbox Unity, no additional hardware required
  • Connect to any accessories (Enertion or otherwise) conforming to the new Unified CANbus Protocol (UCP) using only the single Bluetooth module in your Focbox Unity
  • Read stats and configure settings of any connected accessories over UCP
  • Full Focbox Unity stats and configuration support
  • Wirelessly update connected accessory firmware
  • Track your rides with time and location logged stats
  • Share your rides and stats with a single link (coming after release)
  • 100% platform native implementation for iOS & Android
  • Apple Watch compatibility starting at watchOS 3
  • Mac compatibility starting with macOS Catalina in the fall (Mac Catalyst Overview - Apple Developer)
  • Fast, beautiful, and responsive UI

Absolutely not final UI, but here’s a preview to give you an idea of the direction it’s going

What will the app work with?

We’ve designed a new Unified CANbus Protocol that fully supports reading and configuring accessories connected via CANbus. As long as a piece of hardware connects via the CANbus header and conforms to the UCP, it will be configurable via the Focbox Nexus app. Specs and implementation details on UCP will come soon!

When will it be available?

iOS public testing has started! Because we want to build an app the community wants, we are releasing an alpha so you can get your hands on it and start giving feedback ASAP. By signing up for the alpha, you are acknowledging that you understand this is pre-release software and things may go wrong. Please sign up to test here: TestFlight - Apple (click this on your iOS device)

Android public testing will begin by the end of the summer. Check back here soon…

How much will it cost?

$Free.99

40 Likes

First :slight_smile:

1 Like

Woot! Great job Sophia!! Thanks for doing this =D

1 Like

Interested in testing this software.

1 Like

i saw the title, excited for the re-release of the focbox (enertion’s ONLY good product ever imo) but no, it’s software.

1 Like

Where did you want us to sign up @sofu or just say it in a comment. I do if so!

Sign up link is coming soon as stated in the OP! Currently waiting on company account setup stuff with Apple

1 Like

Great job! Really appreciate it! When tester for the Android one?

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean by “when tester”? If you mean when testing will begin that depends on @neiru37’a schedule cause he’s building the android version.

1 Like

yeh too excited, sorry :joy: I meant when testing will start for the Android version. But I see you got anyway.

1 Like

Nice work @sofu I would love to test this out. That interface looks amazing

2 Likes

@sofu Awesome Job, we really need this and I definitely want to test it. Please count me in.

I like the logo and name as well. looking forward to seeing the interface in real time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Finally some good news! :wink: Been waiting for this since batch one shipped.

1 Like

Big Up @sofu can’t wait to test it !

1 Like

Will it only work with unity? No Vesc support?

Btw amazing job as usual!

1 Like

It’ll work with the Unity only And UCP compatible accessories for now. If in the future there are other vescs with UCP support the app should also support it :+1:

1 Like

Great work ! The UI seems amazing. Could you tell a bit more on UCP and what do you mean by “accessories” ?

1 Like

Sure, so UCP stands for Universal Canbus Protocol. It’s an updated protocol we’re developing that would allow anything communicating over canbus (vescs, remotes, bms, lights controller, etc) to identify itself and serve stuff like settings and statistics to the app so you can view and edit it all in one place. If you look in the preview video, you can see sample accessories connected below the main stats. Ideally you will be able to configure them directly from the app with no extra setup required.

1 Like

Really interesting. Can’t wait to read more about this protocol.

1 Like

Awesome news. Can’t wait to test!

1 Like