Oh spot welder came in

image image image image So guys I’m building a battery 12s4p using 25r cells here are some pictures so far I ran out or hot glue so I’m done for tonight but this is so fun learning this stuff

3 Likes

welds look good if a bit soft, have you done any testing to see if you can tear it off?

2 Likes

Test the nickel to nickel weld.

U may be in for a nasty surprise.

3 Likes

If this is a 120V model, go slow on the spot welding.

3 Likes

Yeah, the second layer of those nickel strips look like they’ll peel right off. You also want to trim the sharp edges off the corners.

2 Likes

Thanks guys for the feed back the welds are strong and once I’m done with it all I will good back over and make sure it’s all good

1 Like

Like @mikenyc already said, have a look at this corners image

You don’t use fishpaper rings on the positive terminal which makes it even more easy in case the Nickel corner bend down to cause a short.

2 Likes

But it has a gasket under the heat shrink I understand added protection it’s my first battery pack you live and learn every day but I will say next I will have some in fact I’m ordering them now thanks man

i not so much worry about the missing fish paper rings. i more worry about the nickle corners which i marked. would be better if they would be rounded so that they lay on the positive terminal and can´t bend down.

1 Like

Thanks I will go back and snip corners

1 Like

I don’t know how you plan to snip it, but how ever take care that you don’t short something with the tools you use :wink:

1 Like

I think it was someone here who welded their scissors shut cutting wires… :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m using a wood pick to lift the sharp edges and some small Snippers

hey that was meeee

2 Likes

image image image Is it’s time to wire crappy bms that I’m going to by pass jus for charging