OlliN POPOCA - 90mm 78a - Race Formula

Our wheels have been molded and in the process of printing as we speak! They will retail for $69.95 + $6 shipping within the USA. Manufactured in California by a leader in the industry with nearly 50 years of knowledge and experience! http://www.ollinboardcompany.com/product/ollin-popoca-longboard-wheels-90mm-78a

We are hosting a pre-order sale until the day we receive our first shipment from the manufacture. Use the code: POPOCA during checkout for 15% off the retail price.

Edit:

A few people have asked if we could extend this sale to the rest of our products so we decided that we will. Enter: POPOCA during checkout and receive 15% off your entire order with a set of wheels. We will run this sale till the wheels arrive!

12 Likes

your so innovative Jeremiah

6 Likes

are they for kegel compatible pulleys? would abec style pulleys work?

if the latter I’d be interested

Don’t be a hater Jason, I’m just supplying these to the public. Besides I have been riding on these cores since day 1. https://www.instagram.com/p/7HX2AEStnG/?taken-by=ollinboardco

3 Likes

This deserves a slap in the face.

Yea, there’s a picture of a raptor 2 wheel on a boosted v2 on the subreddit.

If you hadn’t left the diy market people would buy them from you, but you did, so stop whining. People want those wheels, regardless of who got them first. No point on choosing another manufacturer just cause they’re not the first customer, if that’s the best just go for it (Oh and yeah, I like drama, let’s start an argument over these wheels)

7 Likes

no I was asking if the popoca ollin wheels fit abec core pulleys, sounds like a yes…

wat no. They’re kegel style, so they’ll fit Kegel pulleys like the Boosted V2. They’re not even close to Abec style.

Like so: https://i.redd.it/c13tz9ckfxpz.jpg

1 Like

No they wont fit an abec pulley. We will carry an adapter set soon but it is very easy to drill a pulley and mount it up if you have access to a good drill press and a set of taps.

As far as “innovation” goes I think it is a good choice to begin standardizing bolt/pin spacing when it comes to hubs/cores. One of the great aspects of traditional skating has always been the ability to swap parts freely. I would like to see more of that in Eskate.

@Surfer All the credit for these sweet wheels goes to the good folks who make them in California. And cheers to seeing more choices with the same hub pattern in the future!

5 Likes

@onloop It’s pretty common knowledge that Chaka is THE most innovative builder on the scene. Show a little respect, bro! Can’t we all just get along? :v: :beer: @chaka Have you ridden these yet? How does the 78A duro ride?

Why did you go with the 78a durometer, as opposed to something slightly softer, like a 75a?

Thanks Daryl but you praise me too highly!

@baxter I have always preffered 78a over a harder or softer duro. 75a seems to soak up momentum too much, 83a is great… on buttery smooth roads. 78a is a kind of happy medium between the two ends of the spectrum.

A few people have asked if we could extend this sale to the rest of our products so we decided that we will. Enter: POPOCA during checkout and receive 15% off your entire order with a set of wheels. We will run this sale till the wheels arrive!

2 Likes

You’re too humble…I’ve seen your Instagram page. :sunglasses:

Is POPOCA am acronym or a just a name? Is there a story behind this you can share?

There is a story based on Mexican mythology and legend. Popoca was a young warrior who was promised his lovers hand in marriage, Izta, the daughter of an emperor, if he went on to fight the emperors enemy and bring him his head. During the many months of the battle false word was sent of Popoca’s defeat and the young princess took her life in despair. Popoca returned victorious only to find his love in an eternal sleep. He carried her to the top of a nearby mountain hoping the cold snow would wake her.

This is the tale of two volcanos, Iztaccíhuatl and Popocatépetl. Sleepying woman and smoking mountain.

Popocatépetl means smoking mountain in Nahuatl. Nahuatl is the native language of the Meshika.

17 Likes

Stopppppp…

My history class is next hour :joy:

1 Like

I know right, I tried to keep it as short as possible. Should of just said “Big Smoke” instead of that romance novel. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nah, your explanation was much better. Never explored the meso-american myths…I may have to do that now.

2 Likes