Ollin Vesc 1.1 Issues (newly repaired)

I believe its 120 kv and i’m running 6s

Increase the current in detection

motor turns freely by hand when unplugged, plugged in, plugged in with vesc powered on, and plugged in with vesc powered on and throttle turned

im at 6 amps right now, ill bump it up

tried it up to 30 amps to no change

I never had a problem doing detection at 6a

Uhm shoulda mentioned not to go above 10…think you’re still ok

Are there any faults other than just failed detection?

not a single fault, i wish it would at least give me something. thanks for all your help guys, you dont know how much this means to me.

Unplug the motor from the Vesc and touch any 2 of the 3 phase wires together and see if there is noticeable resistance when turning the motor by hand If yes, then try one of the first 2 wires with the 3rd wire and check for resistance.

Try bumping min erpm in detection at 6a Up to 1000

i tried connecting every motor phase wire together in every two wire configuration and there was significant resistance on every one. the motor spins freely when unplugged. when i have the motor plugged in to the vesc there is noticeably more resistance than when completely unplugged but less than when two phase wires are connected.

There should be no resistance when plugged into the Vesc unless your applying brakes You may have a short on the vesc Did you try motor detection without the controller connected

this is the same problem i had last time with resistance on the motor when plugged in. but i sent it into ollin to get fixed. i got it back a few days a go and they said they replaced the board.

tried it to no result

Yeah if you’re getting increased resistance by just having it plugged in, there’s a short on the vesc

is there a fix? or am i going to have to wait another month and half for ollin to “repair” it?

Well you can test some components like the mosfets yourself and see if you can narrow it down

the one i have has ollins aluminum heatsink stuck on, is it safe to remove?

Yeah it’s fine to remove, if there are pads underneath (not sure if there are) make sure not lose them and keep them clean, take some pics of both sides of the PCB, might be something easy to spot

ill try to get it apart tomorrow between my classes and get some pictures for you guys, thank you so much for your help