OllinBoardCo's High Output VESC

Thanks for posting this. I needed it too.

Here is where we are now, mechanically fastened heat sink and base plate. A little shrink tubing and this VESC will be ready to go!

8 Likes

Awesome! Canā€™t wait to get mine.

1 Like

Will you offer the heatsink/mounting kit separately?

That looks good ! looking forward to mine too.

Any ideas about the release date?

We are good to go now, we will likely keep it off menu for awhile. Send me a message and I will be happy to go over the extra cost of the heatsink package.

Unfortunately there are a few constraints that make it unavailable in kit form.

iā€™m guessing the thermal adhesive on the fets and or the thermal gap pad? Looking at the picture, you isolated the motor phase wires (obviously yes)?

I still would be interested in the top and bottom plates :slight_smile:

Yes you would need to get some thermal adhesive/plaster and possibly resolder you battery connections. The wires need to be routed around a few components to achieve a low profile.

Honestly this is only necessary if you push the VESC hard on a single motor setup. Of course it looks cool and that is as good of a reason as any. :smile:

I push the vesc pretty hard. Hereā€™s a video of them smoking. But still functional.

I had a heatsink on them, but i like how you emplemented the heatsink, can also be used as a proper mount with tapped holes.

@Blasto I am curious as to what was smoking? Do you know which component you cooked on that run?

Send me a pm and we can exchange some information. I also build VESCā€™s with the 5mOhm shunts for high current use although it looks like you guys have the chops to do that yourselves.

Thatā€™s a frisky little bot, I wouldnā€™t want it chasing me down.

My best guess is excess fluxā€¦ Everything was working fine after.

Btw, these bots weigh about 200-300kg when on the arena.

Iā€™ll send a pm when i have time to sit down

I would like to have 1. What is the ETA for this?

December was a big month for us and bumped us out to three weeks. We have two more team members now so we will probably be able to bring it down to one week very soon.

How could i order 1?

http://www.ollinboardcompany.com/product/vedder-s-speed-controller

Leave a message during checkout and I will send an invoice for the added charges. The heat sink package is an additional $15.

Hey, Iā€™m waiting on the 4.10 release of the VESC, Iā€™m just curious what changes and updates I should expect. Iā€™ll be running a dual motor rear drive set, each will be hooked up to the new VESC. Since Iā€™m waiting till the middle of february, Iā€™m just curious what differences make it worth the wait compared to getting an older model. Thanks! Iā€™m excited.

I donā€™t think anyone is currently producing anything older than version 4.10

Oh i wasnā€™t aware, new to the field. Thanks! the site I was looking at mustā€™ve been out-dated.