Olson&hekmati / 10s3p custom battery / Dual rear 190kv 6355 / VESC / caliber II / 83 flywheels / custom enclosure

So, my second entry in the last couple of month. After I had finished my first build,I decided to build another one with a friend. But this time, I wanted it to be more professional. That meant: custom battery and cleaner design as well as dual VESC. Because my first build was a single drive, I wanted my second to be a dual drive. Just to test it out and try something more challenging. After a period of researching, I decided to use LG HG2 cells to build a 10s3p pack by soldering them together. It was my only option since I don’t own a spot welder. As you can see in the pictures, I used hot glue to glue 3 cells together and then soldered them in parallel. After I got 10 of those packs I started connecting them in series. Plus to minus and then minus to plus. It’s quite tricky and you should take your time, but it’s doable. Always test the voltage of the cells when working. Tips for soldering: Get some soldering wire on the battery and on the cable and then connect them. Make sure that they are solid. You don’t want it to get loose, because then you have to open everything again. Be careful that you don’t overheat the cells. If the cells are too hot to touch, you should stop. That was my rule and it worked out fine. After the pack was finished it was time to connect the balancing wires. I used a BMS from batterysupports of ebay. The wiring diagrams provided are really helpful. I had some problems with the VESC from enertion. Of the four I ordered one didn’t work and I had to buy a warranty. Only to get another broken one which I then had to return as well. It wouldn’t have been that annoying if I hadn’t had to pay a fee every time (live in Germany). I build the enclosure with aluminum strips and stainless steal. Painted it black as well. Quite a lot of work, but totally worth it.

These were the parts I used and where I got them: Motor mount, pulleys and vesc from enertion 83mm wheels of ebay 6355 motors 190kv from torqueboards 30 batteries from nkon Canbus connector for dual vesc setup from ollinboards Battery indicator of Ebay Caliber II trucks of Amazon Winning Remote from esk8.de A lot of small parts like bullet connector, xt90/60 from hobbyking, amazon and other shops

Some specs and informations about the boards. Topspeed is 41km/h, torque is insane, 28 km of range (9000mah). It can climb every hill and I mean every hill and I weight around 87 kg. Right now I have a 14t to 36t transmission, but I’m planing on going for 16 and 36. As for the remote, I haven’t had any problems with the remote so far.

4 Likes

9 Likes

Looks beefy, I like the deck too!

I did some motifications with my deck. I changed the enclosure and made a carbon fibre one, added a anti-spark switch, added lights in the front and back, a bluetooth module, added heatsink to the vescs and just overall a cleaner look. Bought the lights of aliexpress and ebay: http://www.ebay.de/itm/USB-CREE-XM-L-T6-LED-Frontlicht-Fahrradleuchte-Licht-Fahrrad-licht-Fahrrad-Lampe-/201678188733?var=&hash=item2ef4f4f0bd That’s the carbon fibre set: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Carbon-Set-1m-Carbongewebe-240g-m-0-5Kg-Epoxidharz-Zubehör-CFK-Kohlefaser/252309710946?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 To power the lights I used a step down module:

Here are some pics of the new version:

4 Likes