Open Source DIRECT DRIVE ||| with encoders

Yep the name checks out. It is also equivalent to SUJx in the Japanese nomenclature. Bear in mind that to get the advertised hardness you will need to temperature treat axle.

If you want to see how good/bad this alloy is maybe take a look at this chart: the red circles are from top to bottom: Chromoly, Gcr15, 304ss

Screenshot_2018-12-04-00-14-37

Sick! Check out my post about my own open source hub motors/trucks (still very very work in progress!): https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/open-source-precision-trucks-and-hub-motors-project/61480 (mine is a bit different bcuz its in wheel hubs)

Do you know how come there is no ratings for tensile strength or yield point with the Gcr15, could it be due to it being used for bearings that it doesn’t have a normal rating

How is your project going?

oooooooh I searched google and found some cromoly for super cheap in the right size. 12mm - $15/m I just need to pester the crap out of the seller to ship it to a different state now :sweat_smile:

39%20PM

51%20PM

1 Like

Now that’s innovation right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@fedestanco more seriously that’s super nice of you to make these open source and available freely. Keep the good work up, that’s how one drives a DIY community forward.

1 Like

Could this custom encoder pcb be used on bldc outrunners? - not dd

I’m guessing it will work