Largely our community uses stock trucks and then modify to accommodate power. Lets think from the ground up. What do WE need.
My Background: I have a machine shop and plan to machine these trucks and do the CAD/CAM in our fab shop.
My main motivation is to solve and make more elegant, the motor mounting, drive wheel side accommodations (if necessary) and what ever.
What features do you wish you had on your trucks. Here are some ideas and questions I have.
- All aluminum machined parts
- Hardened/Tempered Steel axle inserts
- Spherical Bearing Pivot
- Integrated motor mount for Single/Dual/Inside/Outside
- Clean Design
- Designed in Fusion360 - Open Source
Feedback from you guys please:
- on the above items (of course)
- Preferred Geometry - widths, heights, baseplate angles
- hub motor integration?