Opinions on this battery

Rofl :grinning:  

1 Like

So run it without letting it get to the balance voltage? Iā€™ve gone about 3 cycles doing that and it got 0.02v out of balance

Thatā€™s barely out of balance. I donā€™t use a bms and check voltages w a multimeter. If u really want to see if ur connectors are working and the different cells in the p group are getting equal connection and equal discharge the bms should be off.

@ZachTetra, why donā€™t you just get someone to build the 12s4p battery for you, your just asking for trouble with those cell holders. You have all the materials, maybe just send it to @M.Hboards and get it assembled. All you need is some nickel strips and fish paper, better then risking 48 authentic Samsung 30qā€™s

1 Like

But cell holders are cheap and I wouldnā€™t be as proud if someone made it for me, I will look into it thoughā€¦ ideally I just get tabs on the cells and anchor those because the holders are nice to use

1 Like

Not so nice when a few cells jump out of there place causing you to eat it

Why not just do NESE?

1 Like

Because they start at $40 for the hardware and the printing ontop of that

I had a few of those when it was assembled with painters tape, it just coasts and the cells hang under so it not that awful

I just sent him a PM, Iā€™ll try to inspire some confidence in yā€™all

1 Like

Iā€™m just trying to look out for you because being cheap can get you killed with batteries. What if your going down hill and some cells fall out causing a big cutout and you are left with no choice but to jump off?

1 Like

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Sometimes its good to have someone talk sense into you. I think the small battery pack is stable for now, but Iā€™ll try to do better with the large one. I was gonna have a proper battery using tabs straight from NKON and 10awg but GoGoMrRobot was selling the cells and BMS I wanted so I caved, in retrospect it wasnā€™t the right option but its to late now

2 Likes

Buy a nese or vruzend kit. Or tape every ride because sooner or later you will record a big blaze

2 Likes

Howā€™s the range?i was gonna buy some for science to see a while back but never got to itā€¦

alright i found a easy solution, ill do this on my 13s10p thanks :rofl:

About 14 miles before the voltage sag hits hard

on the 2p? thats sounds pretty decent thenā€¦

I get about 140Wh then it goes to 30V under normal amp drawā€¦I can squeeze another 20Wh at death crawl

Iā€™m averaging 13Wh/mi but itā€™s with lots of stop and go, down to 8Wh/mi Ina straight line

I sense sarcasm! I just check the p groups, so 12 groups of 4p checked. itā€™s a bit of work but if cells are becoming disconnected it probably is more likely to be one of the p-group and not a series connection which would turn the board off. Thatā€™s how it went with me and showed up in my looking at the 12p groups. Then fixed the issue and have gone happily from there. I think a lot of people have used compression things like heā€™s using but thereā€™s some that have very under specd contacts and wires for most peopleā€™s power wants. I donā€™t know what heā€™s using really. They could be bolstered electricity and physically though at least.

1 Like

If youā€™re not looking at series connections what are you measuring with the voltmeter? Each cellā€™s terminals?