Optimal motor KV for offroad and top speed?

Sorry i cannot, that is wierd to me to!

Should be good. With my urban carve i had 15ply front yellow, back red dampas and 85kg. As i said for me it was like exactly at 50km/h it start to wobble but if you train your stand and confident you can add some speed on.

Me too, that’s why I don’t trust this hobbyking specs. Not the first time that they mixed something up in there description. Don’t want to say it’s not like they write, but who knows :sweat_smile:

Yeah its better to start increasing to 50 kph anyways. Not to make any crazy changes. I really want to find a sweet spot where i can do heavy offroading with high torque to tackle every hill and still be able to reach good top speeds. 38kph is definitly to slow of a top speed on asphalt streets

Sure it is possible to bring different pulleys for different tasks but in the best of worlds you wanna avoid to change the pulleys all the time

I see there is a need for a second board :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

3500 watts is already overkill for a eboard if i understand correctly, the motors never really uses 80a right?

@JensSjogren or switch to 3.8:1, keep the present motor current limit, but go 4 wheel drive, and you’ll get less heating per motor than you have now to obtain the same acceleration as you have now…

1.57 / 2 = 0.785

0.785^2= 0.616

^you’d get about 0.616x the heat per motor/controller for the same acceleration you have now, but with the 60kmh top speed you want…

1 Like

That would be cool, however i dont really like the idea of having motors in the front, if i hit into something when i drive in the forest the motors would take the hit right in the face, which could be problematic :thinking:

Also thats another 700€ or so on the build :sweat_smile:

Just piggybacking on this thread. what do you think to 2x 168Kv 3.5:1 ratio for a ATB, but only for road use? Do you think there would be enough torque?

I am super comfortable riding full speed. I do it on every single ride I take one roads. Super stable, mainly due to the wide and long wheelbase. Still can turn on sidewalks too so it isn’t just a limo trying to turn😂 I am getting the barrels from trampa on Monday so I can give you a comparison on those vs. springs then. Supposedly should give me tighter turning and more stability at high speeds

Have you tried removing your dampas, Im tempted to do that to mine but I dont know how it would handle.

Get a Bluetooth module and look what you really use. My max was around 2000w per motor so far. I didn’t have had the opportunity to go full off-road for now. Only park with small hills etc. If you anyhow want to buy new motors think about getting some 170kV maybe. It’s a sweet spot for speed and torque as for me. Have a look at the torqueboard 6380 motors. They also have a long shaft and you could use 20mm belts with them.

Ahh ive seen those! so wait, are they supposed to give both better turning and more stability? :thinking:

Definitely not to recommend if you wanna go over 50km/h :sweat_smile: Don’t ask from where I know :sweat_smile:

I know only one who tried the elastomer damper…and this guy is just about to type :joy: @rich

2 Likes

Im guessing there just is not enough torque to break at those speeds. Ive got some 13tooth’s which I can replace the 20tooth ones I currently have equipped

Yeah maybe that’s a good idea, i already use 20mm belts with my turningy motors. However the motor pulley goes over the got the shaft by like 3mm. Not aproached any trouble with that so far.

Without dampas the speed wobbles started below 40km/h on my MTB. After 1000km with yellow dampas they weakened and got speed wobbles above 40km/h.

With elastomere dampers I’ve never had speed wobbles. But also 50km/h is my max speed, I’m scared above because I love life.

2 Likes

You use 20t for motorpulley? What is ypur slave pulley? How long is your belt? Im curious since i ordered 18t motor pulleys and 465mm belts to fit with my 72t slave pulleys. However im worried that the belt will be to short or that a 18t is to big to use as a motor pulley

So with elastomer it’s stable like with yellow dampas just turning radius is smaller, right?