Orange Airless Carbon Fiber BEAST/dual 6374/TB reverse mount kit/VESC/Graphene LIPO

It was too cold to go above 20. Wind chill plus 15F. Has so much more room to open up. I want to program the throttle ramp before I go to 30+.

I actually decided to save the graphenes for the Orange Carbon board they are laying on. They are waiting on my 2 Carvon v4 Speed Drive XL for a 4wd beast. But seeing as how fast this one is I will probably just do 2wd.

I was talking to the manufacturer of the airless AT tires and he said most trucks will not fit the airless all terrain tires because of axle length being too short. Did you have a problem using the stock hubs and lipped bearings/pulleys with the torque boards trucks and mounts or did you switch to the psychotiller hubs? I read through your thread, so Iā€™m sorry if you already posted this info and I missed somethingā€¦

The wide trucks have a longer axle that requires and extra spacer and a few speed rings.

1 Like

Stock hubs and barrings work fine on TB 218mm. Just have to find a board that doesnt get wheel bite.

Okay, what about pulleys @jreamer? I am looking into building a board with a single motor that fits the 6" airless AT tires. I am going to do a drop thru mount. Could I use Caliber II trucks and motor mounts with these wheels or are the axles not wide enough? I am happy with my board but I want to build a lighter one that I can switch from the AT to regular wheels easily. I am also using a longer deck than the 36" one that was provided by DIYEBOARD. I put together a parts list on Torqueboards site and it was over $500 without the battery. I am just looking to do a basic build and have a budget of about $300. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

It depends on the board. I would only use extra long trucks with the 6 inch tires because I like the wide base. Makes me feel more stable being so high up off the ground.

You can just order the 218mm TB trucks and then source your motor mounts elsewhere. The TB trucks are just extra large Caliber Clones so they fit any Caliber motor mount kit. You can search the forum but I would recommend UNIK motor mounts. Best in the business.

Also for 300 will not be able to get a battery or a motor that are strong enough to work with AT wheels.