Ownboard W2 help WANTED :)

Hmm, that’s close enough I think it’s the voltage drop across the BMS

Define a long time

1 Like

I say if you came this far keep going. Is your charger 42.0 at the charge port?

Also curious how long it took.

It took like 4 or 5 hours to achieve 41.8v, but the board touched 100% battery in the normal amount of time (say maybe 1hr or 1.5 hrs) to go from 60% to 100%.

@deucesdown @ZachTetra

Update: after another 3 or 4 hours, I’ve gotten it to 41.9v. Does this seem balanced to you?

Since it may have balanced relatively quickly do you think that my BMS is what’s wrong, or could it still have been unbalanced cells?

Thanks so much for all of your help. I am not very skilled in the art of electricity, but I have had a passion for boarding ever since I could walk. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah it’s probably balanced, go for a ride and drain completely, wear safety gear for it. Let us know what happens

1 Like

You might have another 4 hours to get to 42v? If so it took a decent amount of time. But to be honest I think it wasn’t that badly out with the info you gave. Cell low voltage cutoff right have been a false alarm. I’d charge until the pack voltage matches the charger voltage just to get a 100% baseline, but you can do that in the future.

Pad up and see if it still tosses you off. :slight_smile:

If it still does cutoff, it might be worth the trouble to measure each p-group’s voltage on the spot. Or at home but before charging again.

Rode it all day today with no problems, thanks homies!

Since I suspect I wont be ripping into her again, I also finished my board art. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, lately I’ve been having the same problem with my Ownboard W2. I tried to use the advise to charge it to 42V but after many hours of charging it is still 40.9V. Is there anything else that I could do or maybe wait longer?

Same boat for me recently. Doesnt charge over 98% and cut off at 44% and another time at 66%…