Parting out skateboard, can sell as a whole

I have a skateboard i built of a basic plywood longboard deck. Running 6s 8000mah setup, 2 cells are weak and dying soon, I have not used the board much at all, but once i went below the recommended minimum and caused the two cells to die. they had higher resistance from day 1 anyway , no idea why.10%20PM(1) 10%20PM

NOTE: Looking to sell locally as shipping is expensive. I live in United Arab Emirates :slight_smile:

Currently, I have attached a front handlebar and wheel mechanism of a micro kickboard, to be safe when i drive it. I would like to sell it as a whole, but willing to part out

Parts: Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6364-245KV Brushless Outrunner Motor

Turnigy Lipo Battery Voltage Tester 2-8S and Low Voltage Buzzer Alarm

IMAX B6AC V2 Professional Balance Charger/Discharger

ZIPPY Flightmax 8000mAh 3S1P 30C Lipo Pack x2

HobbyKing® ™ X-Car Beast Series ESC 1:8 Scale 150A

HobbyKing® ™ X-Car Beast series LCD Program Card

caliber 2 original trucks with bigfoot wheels and bones reds bearings

motor mount and pulley I bought from fellow enthusiasts on this forum, metal gears, and aluminum motor mounts

I have other leftovers, like extra threadlocks, heatshrinks, 10gage wire, extra belts etc

2 Likes

Is that enclosure paper mache?

If so, thats honestly the funniest and perhaps thre est diy part i have even seen.

1 Like

naah , its a 2cent attempt on fiberglassing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its pretty tough. My build in progress has an enclosure almost identically shaped. I have spent probably 18hrs getting to to a super glossy perfect finish. Most people have no clue how hard it is to work with without a mold.

1 Like

yeah i remember, placing tape over a food container for a mold, then placing it on the board to get the curve.

1 Like

Next time, try and find something like a food storage container where the inside dimensions are nice. Then take the top and trace it on carboard and cut it out. Glue the cardboard on like the brim of a hat and that will be the skirt your enclosure is mounted by. Then fiberglass small strips of mat glass in over about 2 days.

The results are alot better and easier to finish. I just wish my most recent enclosure would have worked like that. I could find a container i liked.

Just make sure to add mold release. I cheap way to make some is to melt candle wax and grease of some sort together and then its soft and easy to rub a very thin film onto your mold.

2 Likes

Alternatively, mold one out of clay if you are confident in your abilites. Clay makes great molds.

1 Like

thanks for the info, will help me in the future but definitely not for e-boards, or in the next life, im broke , need a car for work :slight_smile:

1 Like