the last few days I was working on something that may help visualize your build, helps with calculations and is easy to use. I came up with this Build-Tree:
What does it?
- it visualization your build (just for the fun of it)
- it shows beginners how eboard-technology works
- you can plan your next build
- it does basic calculations (you need to put in your params or use default values)
- add/remove/exchange parts and see performance/weight change instantly just by clicking bubbles
- range is calculate with 10km/100Wh
- you can share your build with others without explaning every parameter
- it shows a lot of features your board don’t have
- you can check marketing specs of china-boards
What it doesn’t do
- exact calculations (you can’t specify every parameter and some options are not availalbe)
- show costs of your build
- show quality of your build
- features are subjective, don’t take everything too seroiusly
- it doesn’t check if your build makes sense at all (you can specify a lot of bullshit but don’t blame me if your build fails)
- it doesn’t work on smartphones and shitty old browsers
- you can’t read every text, because it too small
- imperial system
Examples One of my Boards http://esk8-dresden.de/poe/v0.1/?tree=18650,Deck,Wood,Trucks,Suspension,Hardware,ESC,Battery,Enclosure,BMS,Li-ion,1S1P,5S,6S,8S,10S,2P,3P,4P,Single,Inrunner,Mount,Belt,HTD5,9mm,12mm,15mm,MotorP,WheelP,Wheels,2W,3W,4W,70mm,75mm,80mm,83mm,90mm,97mm,ABEC11,Control,Remote,Finger,Splash,&cellweight=45&cellcapacity=3500&motorweight=1&kv=170&gear=31&motorteeths=15&wheelteeths=48&durometer=75
ACTON QU4TRO (not fully correct) http://esk8-dresden.de/poe/v0.1/?tree=Deck,Wood,Trucks,Hardware,ESC,Control,Remote,Battery,Enclosure,BMS,Li-ion,LiFePO4,1S1P,5S,6S,8S,10S,2P,3P,Single,Dual,Tripple,Quatro,Outrunner,Hubs,Gear,70mm,75mm,80mm,83mm,90mm,97mm,Lights,SAM,&name=QU4TRO&deckweight=2&cellweight=45&cellvoltage=3.2&cellcapacity=2200&durometer=80
Geared-Hub (Drive-Train only exmaple (Stary-like) http://esk8-dresden.de/poe/v0.1/?tree=Single,Outrunner,Hubs,Gear,Wheels,2W,3W,70mm,75mm,Clones,&durometer=80
- which important features are missing?
- which calculations are totally wrong?
- what are good default-values? (motor-weight, motor-kv, wheel-weight, battery capacity etc.)
- how to improve texts?
- how to improve usability?
- how to imporve graphics? (background-picture, pictures for features, …)
- how to calculculate torque and hill climb ability?
Enjoy, it’s free to use
p.s. I don’t know if this the correct category for this, admin feel free to move it to general or something