Peeps with a lathe, I need some turning...PLZ

So I am building a DD and have designed most of the parts I just need some help with machining. I don’t have a lathe except for at school, but I am not confident in my capabilities to use it accurately enough. What I need is for someone to turn a piece of aluminium stock into a cylindrical tube with an Od of ~65mm, Id of 59.1mm and length of 75mm.

Any help is welcome and I am willing to pay. I just thought I would see if anyone here is able to do this before taking it to a local engineering shop.

I will be posting up a build tutorial on how to make a DD once this step is done :grin:

4 Likes

Where are you based?

Australia, LOL

Ah bit far…I could of helped but it won’t be worth the shipping costs LOL

Damn that could be a big problem as most guys here are in us or eu. I wonder how much it would cost to send something in one of those cylinders you get posters sent in, just a shortened one. Thanks anyway man

@dareno @moone one of your guys need help!

3 Likes

Thanks man!

3 Likes

Not sure if they can help you…but who knows, who they know, who knows somebody… you know :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@Linny job for you?

2 Likes

Thanks, tag away guys the more people I have to choose from the better :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

There is no machine shop that could do it for you? Something simple like this should be pretty cheap in any honest place

1 Like

giphy No seriously… maybe take a look how much shipping to europe or the usa would cost. Maybe it’s not that expensive :slight_smile:

1 Like

I haven’t checked with a shop but just looking at aluminium stock over here it is about $70 for 300mm before it’s even been machined

3 Likes

Its a big country. We are literally at 3 of the corners each. Lol

4 Likes

you always find a way to be a lazy ass…:rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Big island

9 Likes

yeah we have to be careful about the kangaroo population, if too many stomp at once the island starts to sink a little. Maybe we need some help from your leader to control them … a nice thiccc wall

1 Like

…wall of old raptor hubs…?

2 Likes

we don’t like to share.

Share what? Kangaroos? Do they at least taste good?

2 Likes