Penny "Nickel" complete dual hub motors zippy 6s20c 3000mah x2 in series

Wow! Glad you are okay though.

2 Likes

I got lights! Gotta figure out the remote though, since it’s not moving. Still slightly nervous as the lipos have shown me their power a few times now

2 Likes

Careful with lipo! I usually tape over the connectors when I’m not using them.

Nice build, do you have a link to the hubs? A mini remote would be good for this, funny to have such a huge remote on a mini build.

1 Like

50 bucks each on eBay

I got the hubs from Alex Tech on here along with the vescs. I believe I connected everything right but I can’t get the wattage reader to say the correct battery percentage and I can’t the wheels to move. I believe I binder the remote. I bought the cheapest remote I could find, along with a 3d printer thinking I could make a small case for it later.

2 Likes

Good idea with the tape. My friend stuck a balloon over the connector after it fried my pants lol. I had a party at my house that day

Let me know how those hubs are tho

Those hubs got me (150lbs) up to 34km/h with 10s

How’s the torque on them?

Damn! More charachters

I bought his mach 1 elite. I have had two of his hubs and two of his VESCs burn out on me over the course of less than 1 mile total ride time.

Wow. That sucks. Hope I have better luck. Took long enough to get them…

1 Like

Hey I wanted to let you know that your truck is backwards…

3 Likes

Thanks for that. Good eye

wow! wasn’t aware that those lipos can be so dangerous… thanks for sharing! i’ll be like 10x more vigilant with them from now on. Glad you’re fine!

1 Like

Can anyone give me some tips on soldering? I’m so bad…

3 Likes

What I did was I dismantled some old radio and desoldered and resoldered back on evertyting inside I could lay my soldering iron on. But before that check youtube - there is like a million tutorials on soldering there. There is no way you’re bad at it, you just haven’t had enough practice, and I’m sure that if you put your heart to it and do practice according to the rules from the tutorials you’ll be a master (maestra?;)) in no time! :smile_cat:

4 Likes

I would recommend clamping the XT90 to keep it from moving and easier to work with. Then ‘tin’ the metal part which means to fill it with solder. I would do this by heating up the metal part with your iron from the bottom, then pushing your solder into the metal part so it melts and fills up. Then ‘tin’ your wire. Once you have that done, you need to melt the solder in the XT90 by putting your iron on the bottom once again. Then when it is liquid, push the wire into the melted solder and remove your iron and wait for it to harden. This step takes some practice and getting used to. This is how I do it and it works for me, though I am sure there are different ways.

I would also record a thinner solder as I find it easier to melt and work with.

1 Like

Finally got everything resoldered… Binder the remote but still no movement in the hubs… Can anyone Skype me though this? I’m so close

1 Like

I got 1 wheel spinning but can’t get the other one spinning. It’ll spin when I do the test/analyze thing in bldc