Planing to build a budget ESK8

Hello like my topic says i want to build an electric skateboard but with a small wallet. Im planning to spend about 400€ maximum. I did a lot of research and made a little list with parts i want to buy. I allready have a skateboard deck. and the motor mount i can make on my own with a cnc machine. Im 1,90m tall and weigh about 90kg. My goals are to go about 30-35km/h and have a range of about 7-10km. I also want to go uphill a bit.

So here is my list. Motor: Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6364-190kv Brushless Outrunner Motor ESC: HobbyKing® ™ X-Car Beast Series ESC 1:8 Scale 150A Batterys: 2x ZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 3S1P 20C Remote: Either i use a bluetooth module and controll it via app or this one HobbyKing® ™HK-GT2B 3CH 2.4GHz Transmitter and Receiver w/Rechargable Li-ion Battery Charger: IMAX B6 50W 5A Charger/Discharger 1-6 Cells (GENUINE) or can u guys tell me how i can make a onboard charger with a charging port on my deck Bearings: Shake Junt ABEC 7 Triple OG Kugellager Wheels: Mercer Black 75mm 78A (i want to go bigger but this set includes only 75mm wheels.
can i use them or should i buy 80mm ones?) Trucks: Paris Truck Co V2 Achse 180mm

I want to buy all the electrical parts from hobbyking cause of the shipping costs.

thank for any help or advise best regards Lukas Wolf

unless the exchange rate is very high its going to be tight…

I would say 80mm kegels are much easier for mounting the drive pulley. but 90/97mm are all I ride now.

also I just went into it here…so yea get a vesc instead if your budget is flexable…

You want to control with GT2B for low budget build. You have to consider VESC over anything else, I build esk8 with HV esc, Car esc and non can compete with VESC. Kegel is a very durable and good wheel.

ok so can u make me a full build around 400€ ? and the problem with the wheels is that i can have a set wich includes trucks wheels bearings and screws for 85€ so 83mm wheel aloe costs me about 50 :confused:

can anyone help me further? :smiley:

Where do you live? I’m trying to do the same thing, and it seems like group buys are the only way.

im from Austria

Check out my group buy

isnt there anyone who can give me agood setup to go?

and where can i get 83mm or 90mm wheels in Europe cheap

You can buy 6374 motor for 70 euros wheels from @ajaynagra 's group buy for 30 e Trucks for 20 Battery for 140 Remote for 30 Pulley kit with belt for around 30 Vesc for I’d say 100 euros, you may enter @fedestanco 's group for maytech ones, not the best ones but they should work on a budget. (You should be able to buy almost everything from ajaynagra’s group buy, prices are almost half the normal ones on the shops)

ok so wheels and wheel pulley from @ajaynagra trucks i have allready motor mount i make on my own motor pulley and the beld from zahnriemen24.de Batterys i planned 2x ZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 3S1P 20C for together 40€ remote i wanted to go for a 18€ one from hobbyking and later upgrade to a wiimote ESC i wanted to go for this one: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingr-tm-x-car-beast-series-esc-1-8-scale-150a.html and i cant reply to the thread of @fedestanco to buy a vesc with him

why is a VESC better? Cant they all do the same things?

why do i need a anti spark switch?

and what motor should i buy? 1: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-aerodrive-sk3-6374-192kv-brushless-outrunner-motor.html 2: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-aerodrive-sk3-6374-168kv-brushless-outrunner-motor.html 3: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-aerodrive-sk3-6364-190kv-brushless-outrunner-motor.html 4: https://eu.electric-skateboard.market/product/190kv-sensored-motor-6354-6374/?attribute_pa_motor=6374-e12

thanks for your reply @SirDiff

1 Like

Those batteries are okaysh, but they are 3s, if you put 2 in series you’ll only have 6s, which is not much. Maybe go with 2x5s. In that case you’ll end up paying something like 100 euros, just 40 less than a good li-ion pack from that group buy, that has a bms too. You will have to take them out from the board to charge and be careful not to overcharge or discharge. Not worth it imho, if you can have a plug and charge battery for just 50 bucks more. Escs are not all good. Vesc is the best one, since it was developed for esk8s and not just rc cars and you can program it to suit your needs. For the remote, don’t buy a wiimote (many problems) and for 10 euros more the mini of the group buy is a must buy, I’ve never heard of anybody having problems with it. I don’t know why you can’t reply in fedestanco’s post, maybe hit him up in the dm. Which trucks do you have? For the pulleys go with 14 to 16 teeth on the motor and around 36 on the wheel, you will have to modify them if you don’t take the ones designated for esk8s. The antispark switch is needed because a normal switch would die pretty quickly because of the high voltage needed. An antispark switch (that can be built just interrupting the loop with a xt90s connector that works like a “key”) eliminates the problem. If you have a battery with a bms it’s possible to have a switch on the bms itself that solves every problem mentioned before, as it shuts down the system from the bms itself. The ones you linked are all good motors, differences are: basically nothing between the 1st and 3rd, 1st is a little more powerful. The second one will have more torque but less top speed, the 4th one should be the best one, it’s more powerful, same price and has sensors, which allow you to start from still without stuttering. You can buy it with the rest of the stuff from ajaynagra on his group buy, I think. For belts and pulleys, go for 12mm or higher, htd5