Planning my first build...any and all input welcomed (needed =)!

I’ll also mention that these wheels are wide. On tb trucks you’re gonna have a real wide stance. @Frenchy has a great picture of them on multiple sets of trucks.

I wanna get a set but i plan on running 150mm rkp sr or 100mm tkp sr and running dual diagonal motors.

Found it.*

0e50b139960fbb4d21bd949c674a28ba43e46fba_2_750x1000

3 Likes

Yes, TB website says the axles are also 10mm longer than standard longboard trucks.

oh hell yeah, thanks so much for that explanation @Skunk I understand the meaning of that ratio a lot better now!

2 Likes

No problem. Took me a bit to understand myself.

I know, they’re insanely wide and have a pretty big overhang but the wideness of them is what I love about those magnums. I used to have a long board with some really wide 75mm Bustin William Royce’s, and I loooove the feel of those wheels. Sadly they are completely solid units and I couldn’t mount them

I totally agree, I love really wide wheels. I wish I could adapt more of my old downhill Wheels to esk8 without just drilling holes in good urethane. I plan on picking a set of these wheels up but I’m going to find the narrowest trucks I can (that have mounts available) and run diagonal Motors.

2 Likes

I think @psychotiller new hex hanger trucks would be rad if he’ll do a custom hanger length. That or Ronin katanas… mmmmm

2 Likes

Needs to be better truck options out there for sure

2 Likes

High end precision are just so expensive lol. It’s hard enough to convince people that surfrodz are worth it over calibers.

1 Like

I’m a little worried about fitting a 15mm belt considering how aggressive the overhang is on those… @Skunk Are those 12mm’s in the photo?

Idk… have to ask @Frenchy

2 Likes

@Frenchy what’s the set-up you’ve got going for your venom MACH 1’s? I’m trying to see if 15mm belt will fit with that overhang. Those look friggin beautiful BTW

If you go surfrodz you can just replace with longer axles and add wheel spacers and make it fit no matter what.

1 Like

Yeah 10s4p seems like a solid standard for my first build

1 Like

Does anyone know a guide to help understand the torque ratings anywhere? Trying to figure out what the different between 9.5 ft-lbs and 10.5 ft-lbs would feel like.

Probably miniscule. In either case, the torque ratings shown by the calculator are incorrect, because they assume the motors will be run at a current equal to their power in watts divided by system voltage, whereas actually for startup acceleration and hill climbing at below max speed, you can drive the motors with more current than your battery can give. It comes down to what your ESC can handle and how hot your motors get (larger motors get hot slower/less).

You just have to trust that dual 6355 motors paired with a VESC is way more powerful than most if not all premade production boards. As long as your theoretical max speed (based on battery size, motor kv, pulleys and wheel size) isn’t ridiculously above what you’ll be actually using, the torque will be just fine :wink:

The need for speed is not within this one, young padawon.

2 Likes

Those are 140 bear Kodiak trucks with 14mm extended axels to make a160mm hanger with normal 33mm Axel’s…it’s like a 14mm axel extension for removable Axel’s makes them about 47mm of axel to play with with fits a press fit and a bearing… now those are 36t x 12mm pully…and it’s tight I’m going with a 32 for smidge more clearence and top end

1 Like

Please some one do a area rf1 that’s all we need trust me …

Lol surf rodz are not real precision just because they have nice shinny colors and machines that do the work and making of the truck don’t make them precision at all for exactly what we do…they are expensive cheap ass truck that just work better then a stock caliber for comparison …there is a big article here just to make them actually work properly by alpamail the bushing master …the bushing seat suck and the adjustble base plates are another story …but ya …caliber are great lol…Paris is batter I’d say… and CRonin are the best bang for a buck until we get some AERA RF1 MOUNTS…

1 Like

Did i say they were? Nope.