"Play" in Racerstar BR5065 140kv brushless motor rotation

Hey there. I’m having an issue with one of my Racerstar motors. There is a “no load” or “play” area in the rotation of the motor. Not side to side or front to back play, but play in the actual rotation. Best I can describe it is when you have your pulleys, belts, motors, & wheels all attached and you turn the motor by hand, you can feel drag on the rotation both forwards and backwards. Well one of my motors has developed an issue where when you stop turning it one direction and turn it the opposite direction, theres about a 1/2" of dead area or slop before you feel drag again. It’s kind of a clunk-clunk when you turn it back and forth. Would anyone have any idea what would cause this and/or how I can fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Tighten these:

If they come loose again remove them and apply loc-tite

1 Like

@Fiori Excellent! I had never touched them previously and only one was just a pussy whisker loose (which I wouldn’t think would cause tha kind of slop but live & learn I guess) but that seems to have cured it. Thank you much for your prompt and accurate reply. Much appreciated!

1 Like

Oh hey @Fiori, I just learned a pretty sweet emgx trick today that I’ll share with you… If you are ever out of loc tite or epoxy, if you sprinkle baking soda on the area you need glued or loc’d in place, then add super glue to it, it dries thickly (& quickly) and so solid and hard it takes a hammer and chizel (or a propane torch of course) to break through it. Truly amazing! You can also do it similarly with abc chewing gum but thats a little trickier as you should wear latex gloves and you kind of have to rub/work the super glue into the gum a little but you can form any kind of shape with it then add the super glue to it and it too will dry hard as a rock. Real life saver if you ever; Tear a boot on a spark plug, get a hole in an air line, need to temporarily tap a screw into a stripped out hole, or even if you say need a gasket for your bong stem lol. Hopefully you can put that info to use some day. Thanks again man!

1 Like