Please help me with Unity

Hello guys, I’m about to pull my hair out trying to get my DIY setup to work, and I have run out of ideas. Hoping to get some help. I have a 12s4p 30Q battery pack, with a focbox Unity. I’m using two Flipsky 190kv 6374s and a Flipsky VX2 remote, and I’m basically stuck at setup. I have the latest Unity UI software connected via USB and I used it to update my Unity. I am unable to get my motors to spin correctly. I run the motor test, the software successfully detects my hall sensors and the motors spin throughout the test. But when I push on the remote, the motors spin in opposite directions. I tried to change the direction of spin in the software, but when I hit apply configuration, it doesn’t seem to actually do anything, this includes if I move the amps slider around. The settings don’t apply, when I press read current config they just go back to before. So I tried moving the wires around, and the motor just doesn’t spin and makes weird noises. Now I’m seeing something new entirely. The motors spin in the same direction but very very slowly, if I apply throttle very suddenly the motors would spin fast but would make very loud noises and vibrate vigorously, sometimes one motor is jittering while the other one is spinning like crazy. The HUD in the app also doesn’t detect the motor doing anything when it is spinning. I tried to only have one motor connected to see if the problem was one of the motors, but the app tells me calculation error and to measure L or L2 first depending on which side was connected. I tried to use the FocBox Tool software instead but it would not connect via USB. Says my vesc is too old. Someone help me please, I don’t know what to do.

How long have you had the vx2? Is it one of the newer pro versions? Colour screen etc.

yea it’s the pro version with the colored screen

I got it recently, are you suggesting the problem may be the remote?

update: focbox Tool program fixed everything, the UI app is just complete poop haha.

2 Likes

Works for me :man_shrugging: Then again I am quite familiar with poop.

1 Like

Hey brotha. I can’t get my Focbox to do anything with my VX2 remote… you did you get your remote working? I’m loosing my mind over this. I’ve done a complete built and I’m stuck at this point… anything you could tell me I’d really appreciate it…

1 Like

That was two years ago. What problem do you have?

I have a Focbox unity and the Flipsky VX2 remote… I’m using the unity app to program… it recognizes the motors bc the make noise and move… then it says to spin motors by hand in the forward direction… that’s no prob but when it comes to the remote setting and tells you to hit calibrate there is nothing …

On the remote I’ve programmed in all the information… did the forward and reverse calibration on the remote… selected Focbox on the remote… and got it to say successful pairing but the remote does absolutely nothing… I’m loosing it. Haha

Share this screen…

I dont use the vx2, never set one up either.

But, from what i understand, if you are connected via uart. There is not setup / calibration process required

But you do need to have uart mode selected.

Also, some people have issues with app and motor configuration if the vx2 is connected during the setup. So do all your motor configuration stuff first before connecting the vx2

Calibration is for ppm, you don’t need to do it.

What other issues are you experiencing?

The remote does nothing … seems like no communication with the board… doesn’t make wheels move nothing

Is there a remote I can use with the Focbox that will avoid all this. I can just plug the receiver in and ride out… if there is a good controller like that I’ll just say screw it, send this back and get that one… the guy from Mboards just messaged me saying he is in contact with Flipsky and he is trying to get this issue resolved.

Don’t setup in the app. Use your computer.

And the nano is the easiest remote I’ve ever set up. Shitty charge port but other than that it’s great. Vanpro and mini are really reliable. The vanpro crashed into the water and still worked. Not bad for 15 dollars.

VX1 setup using ppm is awesome…

i got it working with the focbox Tool program, the app doesn’t work and using a computer solved everything. as the other guy said configure the remote with ppm and everything should be just plug and go

1 Like