Please help me with Unity

Hello guys, I’m about to pull my hair out trying to get my DIY setup to work, and I have run out of ideas. Hoping to get some help. I have a 12s4p 30Q battery pack, with a focbox Unity. I’m using two Flipsky 190kv 6374s and a Flipsky VX2 remote, and I’m basically stuck at setup. I have the latest Unity UI software connected via USB and I used it to update my Unity. I am unable to get my motors to spin correctly. I run the motor test, the software successfully detects my hall sensors and the motors spin throughout the test. But when I push on the remote, the motors spin in opposite directions. I tried to change the direction of spin in the software, but when I hit apply configuration, it doesn’t seem to actually do anything, this includes if I move the amps slider around. The settings don’t apply, when I press read current config they just go back to before. So I tried moving the wires around, and the motor just doesn’t spin and makes weird noises. Now I’m seeing something new entirely. The motors spin in the same direction but very very slowly, if I apply throttle very suddenly the motors would spin fast but would make very loud noises and vibrate vigorously, sometimes one motor is jittering while the other one is spinning like crazy. The HUD in the app also doesn’t detect the motor doing anything when it is spinning. I tried to only have one motor connected to see if the problem was one of the motors, but the app tells me calculation error and to measure L or L2 first depending on which side was connected. I tried to use the FocBox Tool software instead but it would not connect via USB. Says my vesc is too old. Someone help me please, I don’t know what to do.

How long have you had the vx2? Is it one of the newer pro versions? Colour screen etc.

yea it’s the pro version with the colored screen

I got it recently, are you suggesting the problem may be the remote?

update: focbox Tool program fixed everything, the UI app is just complete poop haha.

2 Likes

Works for me :man_shrugging: Then again I am quite familiar with poop.

1 Like