Please validate/critique my first DIY plan - Custom Deck | 15.22'' DKP Flipsky trucks | 6384 140KV | 7'' offroad wheels | 12S | Dual fesc 6.7

Hi! I am planning my first DIY build. I have rough idea in mind and I would like to get some feedback on it.

I am on a heavier side (110kg/240lbs) and I am looking for speeds around 50kmh/30mph and range of about 50km/30mi.

Motors: Dual Flipsky 6384 140KV battle hardened (going with more torque because of my weight)

Trucks: Flipsky 15.22 DKP

Wheels: Flipsky 7’’ offroad

ESC: Flipsky Dual FSESC 6.7

Remote: Flipsky VX2 pro

Battery: 12s6p, looking at Molicell P42A or Samsung 40T

BMS: Not picked yet, but I am planning to use it for charge only so it does not need to be super powerful.

Deck: Planning to use a blank deck from Aliexpress, which I am planning to wrap in carbon fiber for strength and stiffness. Planning to use Lucid grip glow grip with it. It is expensive, but I think that it could look very cool. And those $25 are really not that much in the grand scheme of things… :slight_smile:

Enclosure: DIY 3D printed or made from carbon fiber using 3D printed mold

Do I need to use a heatsink that will protrude out of the enclosure to cool down the ESC?

I was planning not to charge batteries to the full capacity (4.1-4.15V for example) in order to extend their lifetime and to have some extra capacity for breaking when fully charged.

I would appreciate any thoughts and suggestions.

1 Like

Change the esc to stormcore or xenith or maker x and you won’t need to worry about the heatsink part too much. Stick with p42a if it’s available. 40T is second option. You should be good.

Bms should be whatever your S series will be. So 12s 44.4v bms. I don’t know if you can use a different bms to not give the batteries full charge, so you got me.

1 Like

Thank you for your tips! I will check out the ESCs that you recommended.

Stick with p42a if it’s available. 40T is second option.

Do you prefer P42A mainly because of its higher discharge rate or are there any other reasons?

If you could get both, but 40T would be 15% cheaper, would you still stick to P42A?

I don’t know if you can use a different bms to not give the batteries full charge, so you got me.

If I am not mistaken I should be able to tweak the BMS parameters. At least this is what I saw Ladislav Jecminek doing in one of his eBike videos on YouTube. Maybe it needs to be “smart” BMS.

1 Like

If you can get the 40T cheaper, then you’re good. The p42a is recommended since it has a few mah over the 40T. But, after seeing the test from battery mooch, the p42a has a safety parameter of 35A, same as the 40T.

If you can do that with the bms, you should be good to go.

1 Like

2 simple suggestions, 1 140VK you will feel hard to uphill. 2 DKP will throw you out when you are on high speed with even a little wobble, it will make the wobble X 10-time interference your riding Otherwise your DKP is tight ENOUGH!