Plz help, my mind says10s, my fun parts say 12s

I went with 10s again on my 2nd build. I do have some regrets or the feeling of wanting more or the wonder if 12s is more powerful :wink:

The pros with 10s IMO is that 10s seems to be the sweetspot to have a reliable setup. My 10s boards have never blown a focbox or anything like that, they just work.

Friends that been on 12s have been hit or miss and thats why i decided to go with 10s again. Its not an easy decision… its hard… very hard.

Just had a quick thought to add on the 10s argument; if this is for long distance, would dependability not be THE most important thing? The further I am from my home, the more I want to trust my setup. I would defo have it on 10s, I’d not bother with a switch and instead opt for a loop key and I’d try and make it as waterproof as possible. Just my .02

1 Like

This, exactly.

The compromiser in me says 11s.

4 Likes

wouldnt the 50E be a better choice? Hyperion tried to sell me on a 6p pack of them, but I was worried about the amperage…

But then I saw those cells o.O… Maybe the 50E’s arent as bad as I thought they would be comparatively

I have not researched the 50E. They might be better, not sure

Please let us know :smiley:

1 Like

The 50E is highly recommended by mooch. But they are rated for 10A continuous and don’t like temperatures over 60°C. In a 7P-8P configuration they work for bigger motors, a 10S7P will give you 1260 Wh :crazy_face: In mooch’s testing the Sanyo GA cell fared better then the Samsung 35E, with the same 10A load the Sanyo sags less and the capacity difference is tiny. It’s likely that you will get more cycles out of the Sanyo because of less stress. Seeing this and the cheaper price of the 30Q even in a 7-8P pack the 30Q cells might still be the way to go because of their robustness and therefore extended lifetime.

1 Like

Just commenting on your 50E elaboration, they might not like high temperature, but good luck getting them there :joy:. Looking at their graph they can output their 10a cont without creating too much heat

How did you get 1260wh? You did your calculations wrong?

Did I? 5000mah×7=35000mah 35000mah×36V=1.260Wh

Put a backslash before the asterisk to avoid the Markdown assuming you want italics.

1 Like

Oh wait sry I got confused and thought you were talking about 35e

1 Like