Not a skater here, so I mainly use my board for traveling to work and some easy going joyrides now and then. It’s actually my main form of transportation, very utilitarian.
I have an eskating single beast (https://eskating.eu/product/new-eskating-single-beast-2018-landy-evo-falcon-3550watts-10s3p-30q/) and freaking love it, it’s now over a year old with 100s of kilometers. It’s been a true workhorse, very reliable.
Now I’d like to upgrade to pneumatics for several reasons:
- The noise when going over brick roads is very annoying when in normal traffic, everyone hears you.
- I’d like to be able to transport myself (not carve obv.) in light rain.
- We have a lot of shallow cobblestone roads here, that would be driveable on pneumatics but neigh impossble on thanes, I accept that real cobblestone is just not gonna happen
I’ve scoured the forums here and think I have a narrowed down list of possible pneumatics:
|Name||Unit price||4 set price||bearings/hubs?||Tire Size||Shaft hole size||Hub Thickness|
|China 6x2 EBAY||17||68||all-in||150x45||8mm||34mm|
|China 6x2 ALI||18.47||73.88||all-in||150x45||8mm||?|
|Bergmeister China||50||200||no bearings||147x45||“standard 608 bearings”||?|
|Trampa||30||120||all-in||160x45||9.25 / 12mm||?|
|Sixshooters||75||300||all-in||150x45||8mm / 10mm||?|
mini-rant> The questionmarks are unknowns. It staggers me how much stuff is being sold without clear confirmation of its size. The evolve website has NOTHING about dimensions. How do you guys work with this? To calculate anything I have to combine measurements in both metric and imperial from 3 different websites to get anywhere… Only dickyho has actual measurements and I love him already just for that. /mini-rant>
Some notes on these tires:
- Are both china ebay and china aliexpress from the same guy (@dickyho I presume?)
- China has this reputation, I don’t want to go face first at 40km/h because of a bad tire, this makes me hesitant to buy chinese unless you think the quality difference is small?
- I live in europe, so sixshooters (or anything american) is likely a no-go due to import tax
Lastly, I don’t want to change anything to my board (my wallet is neigh dead) so the wheels have to fit the default Caliber 2 50 10" trucks that come with the eskating beast. I think it has 35mm wide shafts based on the spotty info I could find.
I do have access to a good 3d printer, but for my sanity I can buy a little more expensive if I don’t have to go out and find myself a lathe, cnc or weights to balance the wheels with. The more plug and play the better. This already rules out Trampa due to axel size. And how about wheelbite? How do I even measure that?
What would you choose? Anything I forgot about? Stupid things I said/assumed? Thanks in advance!