Pocket Rocket|BKB Tayto|BigBen Enclosure|Dual 6355|11S4P|20700B|Surf Rods|Caguamas|S2 Bindings|Unity

Beautiful. What enclosure you use?

I used the @Eboosted SS with @JLabs 11s3p battery.

1 Like

So these should work? https://www.sickboards.nl/en/precision-trucks/4326-surf-rodz-tkp-hex-8mm-177mm-truck-kit-set-of-2.html#/81-color-purple

Not if you’re going dual 6355

https://www.sickboards.nl/en/precision-trucks/4787-surf-rodz-tkp-hex-10mm-177-truck-kit-set-of-2.html#/866-color-black_blue

These should work since they look to have 60mm axles.

2 Likes

And for these axles I should use 6900ZZ bearings?

11s4p is definitely not possible, if you want to run such a big battery you better get the DS enclosure, but if you do that then you will no longer have a light board.

My spud has 10s3p and on 15/36T it’s surprisingly torquey on 85mm Caguamas, i. Also tested the 15/40T but it’s really lame and lack of fun, not much increase in torque at all. So choose your pullies wisely

5 Likes

I’d second 15/36.

One thing I learned about @psychotiller mounts, if you take a file and remove the powdercoat from the middle of the motor mount, you can fit a regular 8mm skate bearing inside. That give your motor shaft some extra support and the tension is perfect for 15/36 with a 275mm belt.

2 Likes

Awesome tricks, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

IMG_20181008_220851 First part in, had to get them from Sweden :grin: They are super soft to the touch

1 Like

Small update Tayto and modular kegels pulleys ordered :slight_smile:

1 Like

Get sum 10

1 Like

Im using a smiilar set up, anyone think dual 6374 with 11s3p battery would be wreckless on a tayto?

1 Like

It would unless you’re over 100kg, then it’s recommended

1 Like

Do you think a single 6374 would be more than sufficient?

Single sk3 6374 with low kv would be sufficient

Uodate: Unity ordered Thanks to kind souls from this forum, I got a secret Santa gift also and it happens to be Surfrodz with PT mounts :scream: Now what about adding Breakboard truck to the back and having drive train in the front? IMG_20181213_111119~2

4 Likes

Or brake board in the front and drivetrain at the back? Might make for a more natural feeling board

For me is more natural to brake with the heel than toes. And tkp in front should be more nimble than back

1 Like

Whatever happens these are some serious first world decisions :smiley:

4 Likes