POST YOUR BUILD! New site for sharing builds!

@tueboard thanks :wink:

All these new esk8 sites coming out! Great work! I like it much better than esk8-club :wink:

3 Likes

will reply a bit more later… but what i thought was a way to go from full size image to these ‘thumbnails’ we are having now… i really like the thumbnail view but it still looks like some builds might be ‘cut out’ due to the actual board being at the lower part of the image (you can see this for some builds like my small tire board)

Otherwise… very nice ideas what you mention.

im not sure whenever this ‘full size image view’ is fully needed but i thought that some people might enjoy to scroll through the large images of different builds and see them completely… otherwise it is okay as it is now - with thumbnail… just the little ‘annoyance’ i mentioned, that for some builds it might be that they cannot be seen, due to location of the board / its position in image… only way around this might be to offer preview window before posting… so that user can decide how his board will look on main page, while in ‘thumbnail’’/ small image view

So yeh… this is a thing to decide… not sure is it worthy to implement it but i thought to mention it in case there is a quick fix or a workaround in your mind that might solve this or improve this… // otherwise the rest of the ideas you mentioned might be more worthy to implement and make active :slight_smile:

Otherwise I really like how the ‘popup’ image thing works now… maybe im just in too much details right now and it is not that important for a keen looker at builds

recently i made some changes on http://esk8builds.com/

filter builds by wheel type

upload multiple photos of your eboard (you can delete photos and choose the main photo too)

click the photo or the photos button to open the gallery

you can write the board’s name (optional)

important

upload the photo is the easy part, the tedious part is to add all the components (esc, deck, wheels, motors…) and all the specs, i know this sucks a lot, but i prefer less boards with all the information as possible rather than just the photo, see an example. (i moderate the results to show only the boards with all the information)

special thanks to @Okami to pushing me to improve the website.

2 Likes

Good improvement, now it is possible to change the picture easily or add more pictures!

What I thought about while editing some stats… is this:

Maybe in future (if you got time and willingness) there could be some sort of filter or indicator which boards are the fastest / most heavy / light or long range / short range.

Speed

U would probably need to create 3 or so categories for each ‘criteria’ in each category… something like:

Fast: over 50kmh / 30mph in speed, Quite Fast: over 40 km / 25mph Moderately Fast: over 30kph / 20mph

Range

Then for battery specs the same, though it would probably depend on what wheel type has been choosen.

AT wheels:

Short range: Less than 15km Good range = More than 15km (less than 30km) Great / incredible range: more than 30km

Street wheels: (similar specs?)

Weight of board:

+10kg = Heavy +8kg = Modereately heavy below 8kg, light

All of this is of course subjective and ‘criteria’ might change/ evolve over time, but I find it as something interesting, if there were these ‘positions’ for each board next to the stats or maybe in the filter tool, too!..

1 Like

@Okami thanks for the idea, i added more filters and changed a little bit the homepage design

@mmaner wow thanks! for uploading more builds with all the information

also i added a lightbox effect in the gallery, to zoom in the photos without open a new tab.

1 Like

No worries, glad to help :grinning:

I really like the new lightbox and filtering capabilities. Te coolest thing about your webapp is that you can look at many builds all at once and see the gear list required to build, really gives you a method of evaluating different types of builds… I dont think its really needed as there is an ‘other’ option but you might consider adding a ‘risers’ option.

2 Likes

Something looks like is wrong with ‘mph’ formula, when showing main page:

When opening the board, it shows the correct speed in mph… I saw the same ‘glitch’ for a few others boards.

Otherwise, heads up to @mmaner for posting your builds… they do look real nice / in different light when compiled in one page with all the stats on hand :)…

@tueboard didnt get to see the ‘lights off’ effect yet but I see that due to stats, the thumbpreview function does not work anymore, right?

2 Likes

@Okami Thanks for the feedback, you can apreciate the lightbox in the eboard gallery (in desktop pc)

http://esk8builds.com/photo/gallery/?id=25

@mmaner i will put later the risers option , thanks

2 Likes

yeh i got it now… didnt click on image while I was in gallery…

Uh I hate this one thing with programming / modifying anything, that once you ‘open it’ , that after it a vast ocean of other things to do and improve arise (become clear).

– When talking about filters, I sort of think that maybe they should be ‘collapsable’· That you need to click on the icon of speed / range / etc, to open the sorting menus for it… but it might be just my perception / view, that it would look better this way.

If I will see anything else I will add it here… im sure there is more and im thankful @tueboard u find the time to make these changes and improve the page :wink: :slight_smile:

PS, this is a very nice view about each users board inventory :slight_smile: Would be cool, if each one of us had a link for it in our profiles here on forum :smiley:

2 Likes

@Okami i just added in the user profile some links to social networks and this forum profile, in the user menu there is a new option called settings

1 Like

Do you know why the mph values are messed up?

It looks like calculation is wrong for ‘profile pic’ data.

LBS also should be twice bigger… not sure what went wrong there that it shows these wrong calculations for imperial system

@Okami i’ve changed the formula, can you try again?

yep, it does look good now!

One other thing I spotted:

I know it might not be possible to tell if picture has white background or black background at top left corner, but is it possible to sort of add ‘opaque’ window for the stats?..

Preview to make the impression:

I think if you did create a semi transparent box for the stats / text it might look better on some pictures, where the background is really white… this is also one of the things which caught my eye early on but i didnt want to ruin everything by pointing towards it…

Also I partly think it might be better for the overall style that the stats are in sort of a box window and not just ‘printed’ onto the picture… tell me what you think :slight_smile:

It might cover part of the picture… but shouldnt ruin it completely … that is also why I would like that window is transparent but still visible… sort of like a bit of barrier between stats and picture

yep, looks a lot better (ideal to me :slight_smile: )

Checked anoraks build and now text is readable, before a few characters were missing due to his foot rest having white color :slight_smile:

A lot of things now look good… I wonder what else do we need now for people to finally start go there and publish some of their builds lol…

As a side note - when u got more time to do some things… it might be cool, if viewers wouldnt need to click on ‘Photos’ button / link but had little thumbpreviews under the main picture… is this possible or that requires too much effort?

1 Like

Mh I also saw that ‘Liking’’ builds are not that easy anymore, though I did find that I need to open the build and then click on ‘Likes’ to give my vote for the build…

Not sure whenever this should be more easy to do… but I think at first u had it possible to just click on picture / like button to give a like…

1 Like

thanks for the invaluable feedback :slight_smile:

you can see at least 5 photos in the build view

you can vote anywhere with the “thumbs up” icon

i don’t know if this is a good idea i put a summary of some polls i made in this forum as new section called “polls”

1 Like

Wow really nice! I really like this ‘stats’ window… it was definately buried in the forum to be forgotten… im glad u brought it out… didnt even know there was such detailed info available