Power Cut-off with acceleration *please help*

I had a similar issue and it was caused by a bad P group in my battery pack which would lead to a complete shutdown. Can you check the total Voltage of your pack when fully charged? One of your P groups could have become unbalanced.

If it were a bad cell would the board not do that as soon as i get on? i also charged it very recently so dont think its an issueā€¦:confused:

do you think that i should also decrease cutoff voltage to 31V and 28V?? As i also have a bms that will cut out just in case??

With 3p you will sag a lot below 30v

Even though the full end discharge it the 30q is 2.5v

I had a similar problem where my BMS would cut the power because of some random error (overcurrent or short circuit). Does your BMS have a error log ?

No, the bestech bmsā€™ are not smart ones so there are no fault logs :frowning:

1 Like

When researching i saw that a lot of people ran 10s3p without any problems, do you have any suggestions on how i could try and sort it out?

No Iā€™m just saying anything below 30v will sag a lot because at that point the cell has no capacity

1 Like

Canā€™t say about 10S3P but with my 12S3P I never have any issues and I can go for around 30-40km on one charge and never face any problems with sag that will cause a cutoff.

1 Like

I think 12s would be more efficient meaning less sag but didnt think it would mean that i cant even accelerate :confused::confused:

1 Like

ok. but surely i have there is enough voltage from 4.2v to stop it from cutting out as soon as i accelerate?

Yes the problem may lie in your bms or vesc

Wellā€¦ there is another possibilityā€¦ I had a cold solder joint on my DRV8302 and it also made my board cut out while acceleratingā€¦ quite randomly. You sure your VESC is OK?

IMG_20190411_203437 IMG_20190411_214133

i dont have any space to add more cells as i have made this carbon firbe deck and it doesnt have enough space :expressionless:

Do you use the BMS only for charging or also for discharge ?

isnā€™t the carbon fiber conductive to a certain point. Iā€™m new but i think I read that some whwere. also what about a kickoff to get the board going before giving it juice. I also read that somewhere. Like I said Iā€™m new so just giving my 2 cents.

1 Like

i use it for charging and discharging, it is rated for 80A

IMG_20190412_164148

the solder joints seem to be okā€¦

Well just for sanity check I would try to bypass the BMS for a testrunā€¦ at this point you also have to keep in mind that your problem might be hardware related

1 Like

yeah, thats what im thinking, maybe an incorrect setting in the vesc. wouldnt i fry the bms if there was too much current?