Powerful single motor..?

So I have this single drive build in mind and need some help picking the right motor, at the moment i have 3 options: Turnigy SK3 Alien 6384 Ollin OM-6085 200KV

Turnigy has a good price to performance ratio, but i know that it is very loud? Alien is the one i like the most, but the quality is sub par so i have heard? The olin is my second choice, this one is quiet and powerfull, but the price with import and shiping taxes is a bit too much for me, not sure if that motor is worth 200+$ ?

I weight around 150lbs, have a few hills in my home country, I want this board to have zero compromises, I pull the triger and I get anywhere. Will use a vesc and a 10s or 12s battery, most likely 12s3p, which should I go for? Or maybe there is some other good options in the market? Anything located in USA is not a good option for me. Thanks for the help guys!

1 Like

It depends on your budget, if you can afford to buy sensored 6374 or 84 motor from APS, go for it :slight_smile: I have good expereiences with all of their products :slight_smile: If you want to save a bit, go for SK3, they are both quite good motors…the sound is not something I would care about, you can always use FOC if you have a good VESC :slight_smile:

If you are not from US I wouldnt even consider Ollin’s motor, too expensive to get it to Europe…

If Alien motor quality is fine, this would be my first choice.

3 Likes

You can also go for this one: https://www.banggood.com/Racerstar-6368-BRD6368-280KV-6-12S-Brushless-Motor-For-Balancing-Scooter-p-1117657.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN&cur_warehouse=CN

is a little bit cheaper I think

It has too high kv, you cant use this motor with VESC on 10s/12s

https://buildkitboards.com/products/6374-190kv-motor

1 Like

I would go for the sk3 6474 if you’re on a budget, its the most 6374 I’ve used and its cheaper than all the other 6374s. But if you perfer sensored motors you should look at something else, I’ve never used sensors and it works fine

Check my site chiboards.com

I have the 190kv 6374 (sk3) for $120 shipped in the us. Extended shaft, key way hall sensors. Perfect for FOC, ultra quiet Strong enough to push me 230lbs on shag carpet from stand still with 1 motor

5 Likes

This one: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/dt6376-14p-sensored-motor-125kv.html

1 Like

the one from @JLabs is great :+1:

https://buildkitboards.com/products/6374-190kv-motor

2 Likes

Each motor you listed has its disadvantages. The SK will require some modification to the shaft. The Alien has a 10mm shaft. The Ollin is sweet, but out of stock, don’t think it’s coming back.

I recommend the racerstar 5065 or the Turnigy skateboard motor.

1 Like

Mine don’t http://www.chiboards.com/eboard-parts/6080-190kv-6-12s-motor-extended-shaft

1 Like

Whoa, nice, hadn’t seen those yet

1 Like

Thanks. They also have a mini Jst plug for the sensors so it is one of the only motors that have sensors that plug directly into a vesc without an adapter.

1 Like

Can highly recomend this one, its a Maytech rebranded one so easy to find from somewhere else as well.

3500W, lots of power i use it for a single drive board at the moment.

Your vesc cant handle 3500W wattage in motors is not really a big deal you maybe hit 70% when you hit full throttle and you weigh 120kg

You would need to output 290A on 12s for 3500W

1 Like

Actually the hobbyking motor sensor wires and bullets are both plug and play with the vesc…When HK began making a skateboard specific motor, that’s exactly what they did…, it has the right plugs, sensors, plenty of power (2000w) to be used as a single with the correct kv for a single as well at 125, extended shaft and key…not to mention a sub $10 mount that works really well…and it’s cheaper, like 50 bucks less, that’s a lot…oh and sealed too…

You are talking about the SK3 series motors? If so, you are wrong.

The Hobbyking SK3 motors are not sealed, they do not have extened shafts, they do not have a keyway, they do not have sensors therefore do not have the correct sensor ports, they do not have 5.5mm bullets, They dont have silicone wire.

You’re not even talking about the same motor bud And I said

Meaning more than just mine, but not all.

2 Likes

Thats what quality costs I suppose. May i mention that I dont make any money off of these motors. After shipping I maybe make 5-10 bucks?

2 Likes

Did you click on the link I posted? I have never once spoke about the HK sk3 motor, but the HK skateboard motor… it is sealed, it has sensors, it’s 125kv at 2000w, it’s made specifically for skateboards to be a single motor, it is better in every way and cheaper, I am sorry to say this, and I do not make any money in this game…so I am not here to profit, I’m just saying, this is the best value for a single motor, make a comparison chart, pro and cons lists, do the math, whatever… Don’t put words in my mouth like I’m talking about something else when I clearly linked it above, go do your research instead of jumping on a chance to tell someone their wrong…here’s the link again and even a picture, it’s not a sk3, it’s a turnigy electric skateboard motor…Turnigy

3 Likes