Powerful single motor..?

Oh and I personally own 5 of them, and I have put thousands of miles on one of them and it’s still going strong…building a dual next, lol dual 2000w, oh yeah baby…

12s x 3.7 =44.4. 3500/44.4 = 78a.

5 Likes

Okay, I thought you were talking about the SK3. I dont tend to read your posts so I didnt see that link. My bad.

If your gonna jump all over me and tell me I am wrong, READ MY POSTS!

I welcome criticism…bring it, but be on point dude…lol

Possibly if you were more specific than just

They sell many motors friend. Let me direct you to the site in case you didnt know https://hobbyking.com/en_us/power-systems-1/electric-motors.html

It does need a name, I agree…something like “big orange motor” or something will work for now…the color makes it stand out when it’s specs should…

1 Like

either sk3 6374, or torqueboards

Whoops my bad i just divided 3500 by 12 lol

The tbs i had was horible, the bearings broke fast and they all came with broken sensor wires lol.

It’s the 125kv that concerns me. What top speed are you getting?

i would use 190 kv

Ftfy :wink:

10char

36/15 gearing on 15mm belt

10s or 37v’s for my tests

90mm was like 18mph, 96mm was 20mph 107mm 22mph but not enough torque, need 48v+ or 40 tooth wheel pulley (haven’t tested yet, but will soon)

I would be concerned if the kv was any higher for this application…I weigh over 200lb’s…at 2000w the 125kv is perfect…if it was a 3000w motor a higher kv would be fine…like the 3000w sk3 at 149kv worked well for testing but I don’t like sk3 motors…and even stripped a motor mount screw on the 1st one I tried…it quickly came off, despite it’s additional power and speed…

1 Like

Gotcha thanks. Seems like this motor should be more popular.

1 Like

Nah… 5035… Makes it a 43*27 stator…tiny…no torque.

It’s fairly new and hasn’t been promoted much, but I agree, it’s the bees knees…glad I got some before they go all sold out and hard to find…

Stator inside is 5035, the can is 6376…so actually your wrong…I’ve measured it…

If you contact Bruno (AlienPower) you can Get the motors with 8mm shafts, instead of 10mm.

Another good option is the Keda 190kv. For under $50, hard to beat. I just started running one and it’s faster than my 170kv, still with good torque.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/kd-53-30-high-voltage-brushless-outrunner-190kv.html

1 Like

Also, the box on the Keda read 53-30, referencing its size, but the can is 63mm x ~60mm.