Practicallity vs Looks. Which do you prefer?

I don’t think boards without concave are sexy either…

I just don’t like the look of thick boards. I much prefer the clean lines and separation of features (board and enclosure). To me a canvas all the same color looks wrong. Just the same as a 1" thick board looks wrong to me. It’s all personal preference.

The thread is about practicality vs looks. And I don’t like the look of all in one decks they are to “bland” and lack style and features that you’d get from clean fiberglassed enclosures attached to decks.

Remember this is opinion. Mine. And you have yours…not looking for an argument… just different people view aesthetics differently

1 Like

What gives? Seems most of the people that voted for looks can’t be bothered to spend 30 seconds to change their avatar.

1 Like

While I love the art and style of skateboarding and I think it’s an essential component, I personal believe function is more sexy and stylish than form. There’s something beautiful about elegant engineering, when it’s done simply and perfectly and works for the lifespan of a human using the tool. Things like the VW bug, AK47, tanker bar, jeep, cast iron frying pan…these things last forever, serve a purpose and just work…novelty and fluff is transparent…you cannot argue about the elegant design characteristics of the classics. I like to follow the keep it simple stupid (KISS method) and coat it with art if there’s room because it’s a skateboard after-all, it sort of needs some style in form. Where’s there’s room, without compromising function, I love to throw in style, but never at the expense of function.

1 Like