Predator Banshee Thread!

@Hummie im I’m still giving your hubs a good long look, and would love to do a Halo Product with them :kissing_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

im down or up! they tell me they are sending them tomooooooorow. and they show me pics so… talk then.
i redid my analysis above and totally did a reversal. 30Q are looking better than the newest products out there. way underrated.

2 Likes

The 30Q isn’t better when it comes to voltage sag and capacity. Volume and weight is another story.

interesting I have the same 15 amp test above with different results… results showing the 30Q a hair better at 15a than even the 20700a. the tests differ in the cutoff voltage though and yours doesnt show beyond 2.8v, but looks like it would have a different result than what I posted. but what are you calling volume vs capacity? i see them as the same

Yay! And made a new Twitter Handle @PredatorEBoards

So steering the discussion back to the board, what do y’all think about our offering?

The specs sound really nice. I like that it is so light and still performs well. Probably mostly from the smaller batt pack and lighter deck. For the range test, in what type of conditions was it tested to reach 12miles.

Since it is a smaller board, do you end up putting your feet over the front trucks? Does that give you more control?

My first board is actually from Winboard (W3). But I didn’t get to test the ESC that much. Once I got it, I did only a few test to make sure it worked and opened it up to see what was inside. After that the ESC started to fail intermittently. I could have damaged it after when I opened it, so it may not have been a quality issue.

like the look of the deck but wonder how it rides. any in san francisco soon? i’m finding “full carbon” , as often stated, is carbon around foam and rides not as nicely as wood.

can the esc do foc or you have plans for that ?

Sorry to hear about the ESC. So you brought up an interesting point, the deck itself is 28" in length and had a wheelbase of 20", which I found too unstable to ride comfortably at 25mph. So we increased the wheelbase to 23". With that increased length, you can pretty much place your feet anywhere on the deck without fear of pulling an accidental wheelie or stoppie when you apply power.

Prototype:

Production:

In terms of testing, I tested around mostly flatland with some key 10% hills that I traverse at least 5 times on a casual day. After all was said and done, the range came out to somewhere around 14 miles with a heavy throttle hand. Do note I am pretty lightweight at 120lbs.

Don’t worry, I don’t care for fluff. The deck’s composition is indeed a carbon fiber + foam layup. Most electric cruisers are already stiff 7-9ply maple that hardly flexes, so the decision to use a CF chassis was a bit easier, since both wood and CF cruisers have a similar harsh ride quality.

I’m in San Diego, so I unfortunately won’t be able to get one out there in the wild just yet. There’s an upcoming ridegroup in San Diego, so I’m hoping to get a comparison between the Banshee and Riptide’s R1

Honestly, I’m unsure if the Chinese are using Sinsoudal, FOC, or BLDC. I can’t control it, but all I can say is that the board gives a nice low-key purr that’s still within my personal threshold of ‘quiet’

1 Like

@willpark16

I remember the ESC sounded pretty quiet. There is a good chance they are running FOC:

“Start from year 2015 our IT teams created circuit board ESC for electric skateboard, 2016 year created FOC circuit board,2017 years update FOC control system,update braking system.”

Yeah but that’s what they claim. I’m going to sound slightly bigoted, but I don’t exactly trust Chinese manufacturers all too much. That criticism is what separates my brand from the ‘others’

1 Like

So I’m confused… Did you make the completes (designed yourself) or are your selling a winboard complete?

Are you going to the performance day this Saturday?

@evoheyax Hah! I wished… So the board is indeed ‘my design’. The deck is developed in tandem with one of Winboard’s suppliers(which followed my exact requirements), 10S2P 30Q battery pack is custom and sourced elsewhere, motors and ESC are Winboard(I selected the drivetrain configuration). Hardware and griptape is sourced elsewhere. Winboard does the assembly. I guess in some twisted way you can call this board a ‘rebrand’, however that’s like calling Kieran’s Meepo a rebrand. I paid my dues and dictated the exact design and hardware of this board, so I’m proud to call it my own unique offering. I hope this answers your questions concerning the origins of this board.

5 Likes

There’s work you had to do I’m sure. At the end of the day, almost no one actually machines and assembles micro controllers themselves (besides chaka and direct from china factories). It’s not a bad looking board. But the 10s2p is very small for my tastes.

3 Likes

Heh. Oh I’m sure it’s far underpowered versus your monster for a board. However I do hold the belief we have more power than most consumer boards in this price range. The ones that claim higher than us turn out to be going off of burst ratings or even worse the rating of their MOTORS and NOT their actual battery/ESC rating. I prefer to cut the bullshit.

1 Like

Would you possibly be selling the deck separately?

2 Likes

I would also potentially be interested in just buying the deck. Also, what will you be selling this board for at retail?

For now, since we are just starting out, I can’t sell the decks on their own without ‘upsetting’ some obligation contracts we signed with Winboard. The Beta units will be launching in roughly a week or two, with a going price of 997USD versus the 1200 USD retail.