Probably the last stock of Jet Spud 29" boards to be found

I’ve decided copy @unik and build a tiny board with fat off-road wheels, but finding a Jet Spud has been difficult since they discontinued the line. As luck would have it, I live in one of the remotest outpost of the empire (ie. I live in Australia), and sometimes things move slowly. Searching locally, I found possibly the last stock of Jet Spuds that are commercially available.

I know the Spuds are popular, so if you’re looking for one you might want to try here … http://www.extremeskates.com.au/brands/jet/jet-spud-29

I would suspect that supplies are limited, and I don’t know if they ship internationally.

1 Like

They haven’t really discontinued it. The new one is called Jet Potato 29" and will be in some Australian stores soon, although I talked to Extreme Skates and they said they might not be getting the new ones in.

Anyway, I ordered a Jet Spud from extreme skates, it arrived well packed and in good condition. The Spud actually didn’t come from them though, it came from GoSports Australia (the distributor). I contacted gosports months ago and didn’t get a reply. Will contact them soon and see what the price is.

They haven’t really discontinued it. The new one is called Jet Potato 29"

This is great news. If all goes well, I can see this size format being popular in my family so it’s good to know it’ll be around for a bit longer.

Anyway, I ordered a Jet Spud from extreme skates, it arrived well packed and in good condition.

Yes I agree, and it was also relatively quick. I usually order from MuirSkate.com and I had some trepidation about ordering from ExtremeSkates … worked out well, though. I’d definitely order from them again in the future.

Why not use his deck?

That’s a good point … to be honest, I didn’t even consider that.

I think you can even buy most parts off him.

i don’t want a direct copy … I’m thinking of using the direct drives from http://esk8.de rather than belt driven.

The sizing (of the drives and motors) might be tricky on such a small board … Might work, might not! :slight_smile: