Problem with vesc (spark)

That’s the first time I see such a solder joint on one of our VESCs.

Strange thing, but please PM me and we get that joint right and check, if it was causing that spark, which I doubt, since the battery looks a little bit strange too.

it isnt from you @elkick sorry for the missunderstanding… I just thought you would know the problem… Idk where i bought it from im gonna research it.

connected to the powersuply with 12 volts didnt pull any amps … maybe the capacitors are dead but i got nothin to measure.

I think I am not going to resolder the joints myself but maybe ask somebody with more expreience to do it for me since I dont want to mess it up.

If you have a multimeter you can also check the can traceiver

Or if your looking for repair maybe I can help you

problem is that i cant find my multimeter :frowning:

Well, that kind of an important device :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i guess im just gonna buy a new one… never gonna find you again my friend RIP MULTIMETER 1900-2016 :smile:

That a long life 1900… more than time to change it.

1 Like

XD true story

I found it!!!

Soooo im gonna start messuring

There is no power comong to my vesc and in the diode check mode it onlly beeped for the black cable entering and exitong the capacitor pcb

So after some more checking i reslized that the pcb connection between the positive and the capacitors is broken so i am going to solder some bridges in place later

dude you just caused a german blackout! Now @elkick started an investigation who of his fellow german workers solders like that. Now everybody has to fill out a form where you have to put down exactly your workflow and after that a 23 hour speak about how someone dares to solder like that.

Don´t mess with us Germans about our quality! :monkey:

1 Like

Sorry i didnt want to i never said that it was from him i just asked him if he knew the fault and thats it. I hoped he knew it because he is also producing vescs

1 Like

It´s alright dude, was just a joke :smiley:

Ooooh man i hate you for that joke

1 Like

Soooooo my vesc is fixed!

buuut now the remote wont connect

1 Like

I just sprayed beer all over my keyboard ROFLOL

2 Likes