Problems with batteries

total or per cell?

per cell

10char

Here are the details: Specification: Name: Skateboard component Model: 512181 Color: Black and silver Material: Surface oxidation+stainless steel Gear of wheel: 36 tooth Gear of motor: 12 tooth Bore of wheel: 21mm Bore of motor: 8mm Round hole diameter of motor mount: 19mm Motor mount width: 15mm Motor mount length: 131mm Belt width: 11mm Belt length: 270mm

hope it helps

but the max per cell when i charge is around 4 so its not even a quarter of the actual battery capacity. when i ride it around, it usually goes a few kilometers and then stops, one battery is full (3.7, 3.7, 3.7) and the other is (2.7, 2.7, 2.7) considering what youre saying that is really bad

The series cells in the indivdual battery have different resistance and they are all different. Cells with low resistance get drained faster and sag a lot more, also age faster so the problem is in the cheap zippy packs.

wow, when i first picked the items people here suggested those exact batteries rip

ehmm, no… Cell drift of 0.3v MAX on 4 different zippies at 50A VESC bat draw… They can’t be that bad, across 3 cells no less.

Sorry, im kind of new to this, didnt really understand what you meant and im not using a vesc, im using a remote car ESC

Your max for each cell is supposed to be 4.2 volts -+0.01volts, and your minimum should really be around 3.3-3.4, 3.2 volts is borderline, any more and you’re damaging your batteries

When fully charged, your lipos should be 4.2V (min 4.18/19 with bad balancing). If they are not on both lipos, your charger settings or charger is messed up.

A cell drift of 1V after riding is absolutely ridiculous. I have never seen that happen with my 4 zippies (they are 5s). The maximum cell drift I ever got at 70% discharge was 0.3V. That’s with 4 different lipos, 20 different cells.

What amp do you charge them at and what voltage? And what in mode do you charge them?

wow, so its really busted then? when i charge at 5 amps in the charger it only goes to about 3.8-4V and then stays there

I charge at 5 amps which is the max of the charger and in the balance/normal charge mode not sure at what voltage, where does it show the voltage?

does it ever say that the charge cycle is completed? Depending on the charger, balancing the packs and going to full 4.2V can take a long time. My old charger needed about 30 minutes to balance all cells.

You really shouldn’t charge them at 5 amps if you’re trying to use your batteries for more than a month, if your voltage only goes up to 3.8-4.0, I would say something is wrong, get new batteries, if the same thing happens again, toss your charger

it takes it 5 mins to charge up to 3.8-4 and then stays there, i left it on balance for 2 hours and nothing

Okay it should really take a lot more than 5 minutes to charge your batteries, this is ridiculous

From what I’m seeing, you’re treating your batteries like shit

Damn, alright ill try to look at some different batteries, anything you know is reliable?

ok…first guess is charger issues (see if you can check another lipo/different charger), second cable/soldering/resistance issues. Third, defective lipo.

Charge your stuff at the recommended C rate. 8000 mah lipo can be charged at 8A, which is 1C. Well within the limits.

I used to use zippy and turnigys without a problem before I switched to liion and they were pretty damn reliable, there’s definitely something wrong with your setup, send pics