Programmable Supply Power 60v 15A 35$

Amazon>AliExpress always :yum: As long as Amazon stills sells it in 6 months, next year, 2 years from now, its easy exchange if it ever fails :smile:

1 Like

haha was just going to argue that a wattmeter wired in is simple and easy but then just saw this link for the one at amazon with screen and knobā€¦bought it!!! nice simple design. hope it actually works and doesnā€™t blow up (had that happen). GREAT PRICE!!! 10amps

(and hope I can get it to 50 volts and assume I can since itā€™s 48 and adjustable)

Iā€™m on my 8th unit, all being used regularly, 6 being used by people I made batteries for, not 1 issue with any, ever.

I hadnā€™t tried going over 48, I use it for up to 10S Why do you want 50?

1 Like

nice find. thatā€™s the best deal on a high power source Iā€™ve seen by a long stretch and with knob and screen. ā€¦well Iā€™ll be seeing if it can do 12s

Ahh then you need 55-60v input, itā€™s needs 1.1x input of desired output(50v)

ugh. you have a link for that. Iā€™ll be looking for that and canceling the order. remembering someone said that a couple posts back about being needed overbuilt

Probably was me lol, Iā€™ll have a look for needed power supply

400W 60V Switch Power supply, DC power S-400-60 6.6A

http://amzn.to/2kXz3B2

Make sure to lower to 55V, there are many revisions of the drok modules, some 55 some 60v tolerant @Hummie ^

Iā€™ve always gotten away with using a 48 volt adjustable and charging to 50. maybe thatā€™s why Iā€™ve had one blow up.

Yeah that would deff cause thermal death eventually

I just found that one too. thanks iā€™ll get that one. or no more power

https://www.amazon.com/LM-High-precision-High-stability-Certification-Communications/dp/B06ZYDZCG9/ref=pd_sbs_328_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3AH9XHNXSP2T286R6732

looks good to meā€¦ tell me if you think not

1 Like

I donā€™t know if itā€™s worth the price and size diff, what amperage will you be charging at?

the higher current the better really. I really want that knob and screen now. the ones I have, with that dinky screw that seems to only work with an eyeglass screwdriver and needing a wired in wattmeterā€¦this ends up a better deal

someone tell me if thereā€™s a specific reason I wouldnā€™t want to charge with just one of these power supplies solo. Iā€™ve been doing that and understood it was fine and wouldnā€™t harm the cells and have heard of others doing itā€¦but just recently someone told me it wasnā€™t good for the cells.

hereā€™s an example of saying itā€™s fine:

https://sites.google.com/site/shelbyelectro/batteries/batteries/bulk-charging-with-a-meanwell any naysayers?

I was the original naysayer extolling the virtues of proper CC CV :yum:

@longhairedboy @barajabali @Fiori @willpark16 @BigBoyToys @Eboosted @MysticalDork Thoughts?

No your totally fine charging with one of those types of chargers as long as they have some sort of current protection and your not charging at to high current and your voltage limit is set correctly. Obviously a balance charger would be better though if you have a BMS then yeah this is totally fine.

If theres a bms itā€™s not as bad, but without, I would neverā€¦

I can go to bed with my boards charging without a worry :sleeping:

I really need a charger to dial my end of charge voltage down to 50V on my 12S, the Battery Supports one isnā€™t adjustable and charge the cells up yo 4.22V and when I brake after a full charge BMS overcharge safety feature kicks in and i loose brakes, I have when that happens

I love my Lora power supply I use it everydat to charge my 10S4P on my Vanguard and my 12S4P on my Bintang, but the charger stays at work, at home I need to use the non adjustable one.

With no CC CV?

Huh. This has been a very useful thread. So essentially youā€™re attaching a buck booster to a brick charger? Forgive my slowness. Just got off a 14 hr shiftā€¦

I think the cc part is really the important part and itā€™s there to keep the cells from getting bombed with high current when the pack is low and you were to set it on your bulk charger to a high voltage. In that situation a basic circuit, like a power supply above, just works with ohms law to determine the current output so it could potentially over current the cells and you have to be aware of what your bulk supply will do there. a balance charger will do the cc and limit the current in that situation and then later get into cv mode when the discrepancy between the pack and supply isnā€™t so great as to cause such a high current.

I think the only real thing that needs to be made certain of is that itā€™s a regulated supply and the current being fed is not some freak stuff with peaks and valleys of voltage.