Project Gozilla | Board Undecided| Carvon Hub Abec11 | Dual VESC's | Torqueboard 12s3p

As far as stealth goes, the Carvon hubs on FOC is about as quiet as you’ll get. I ride my board every day in the city and with some well timed kick pushes, no one has any idea that it’s an electric until I throttle it up on a straightaway. The police here aren’t as strict but I ride on the sidewalk sometimes and having a quiet board makes it less obnoxious around pedestrians. I actually got a compliment from a super purist middle aged skater yesterday. He said eboards have always been ridiculous to him until I let him ride it and it just clicked for him. Like it was a hybrid of electric and natural skating, most of it due to the feel of the FOC and hub combo.

3 Likes

Man you’re getting me even more excited when all my shipments are 3+ weeks out!!

You’re videos also helped me in finally taking the dive to build once since boosted is really hard to get shipped to Japan.

I might ask a ton of questions since its my first build ever so please help me out when it all comes in!

1 Like

what is so diffent that it´s quiet? i don´t get FOC…how is the control system different?

The setting is more efficient at driving power from the VESC to motor. Instead of BLDC where it’s on/off on throttle, it feeds the energy gradually.

Just got the enclosures from @mastercho theese babies are looking solid. First time ordering 3d printed but these things are seriously smooth.

Can’t wait to get all the parts in 2-3 weeks

Did ever finish this build?

I’m looking for feedback and comparisons from Carvon hub motors vs a regular belt system, hope your build went well

1 Like

for dual they will be about equal. for a single the hub can only do small hills.

I have all the parts but I blew on of the VESCs out while testing out different settings.

So I cant comment much on the torque of a dual.

Did you know exactly why you blew your VESC? Can you comment on that? What version of VESC was it?

Yeah i put too much amps with no load to see how fast the wheels would spin. Did it for around 5 seconds and it smoked.

I have the DIY electric skateboards VESCS. Getting a replacement chip for the specific chip I blew now

I’m in Okinawa and haven’t had any issues with the Japanese cops.

I just stuffed an evolve carbon GT into a rifle case and threw it in with gear thats being shipped over to mainland Japan. Do you think they will hastle me near Fuji? I’ll be goofing off up there for a month or so.