Proto 4 weels go to 3 weels

Guys im really excited about this 3 wheels design, I love it. @tomiboi can you post a video about a riding?

I also bought mine from aliexpress. I picked the cheapest one just to try it out and did a concept from wood before doing this. I tried connecting hall sensors but I have different color of wires on my Flipsky VESC than on motor and one more wire is coming from motor. So the goal is to try and fix the sensors in the future since I’m driving sensorless now but it’s still super smooth and quiet. I am a beginner in this and some refinement is planned :slight_smile: I also find this replacement tire that could fit my motor so it would look the same as yours : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32889320744.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000013.15.4a8c214cdT8lkm&gps-id=pcDetailBottomMoreThisSeller&scm=1007.13339.146401.0&scm_id=1007.13339.146401.0&scm-url=1007.13339.146401.0&pvid=e80a494a-cdfc-4178-b139-c38263fe8bda

This is what first verison looked like:

3 Likes

@wireload This is awesome. Usually the wires for the hall are black to GND. Red to VIN/5V. The extra wire is for the temp. The other wires go to the phase sensors in no specific order. Sometimes the diagram is listed at the bottom of the Alibaba post from which you bought it. I hope that helps a little.

If you’de like to learn more about making your own skate decks so that you can bring your design to a hole new level check out www.roarockit.com.

1 Like

Thank you for all the advice! I was moving to another country and it was hard to dedicate enough time for this so I will spend January to refine everything. The idea is to use it as a daily commute that is around 6 km each way of nice bike lines. I made skateboards from wood before, this was just a prof of concept for one week before cutting the bamboo longboard that I had. It’s cool that you have EU website to buy from, I would love to try and build bamboo board myself!

1 Like

Here’s a ride-a-long on the 48v roadster. It can reach 30mph with ease and climb hills at around 25 mph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHyjDBSb0u8&t=4s

3 Likes

OMG it s really amazing, sounds so cooooool need to build one too:grinning:

1 Like

I’m gong to make some decks for people to do DIY builds for both the roadster and MTN board after the new year. They’ll be available on my website 3SK8esk8.com.

@wireload What is the distance between your brackets? In other words, How much space do you need to mount your wheel?

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

it’s solid!

2 Likes

You’ve got a lot done! When do you think that you will be testing? I’m excited to see your results.

I am doing it as quickly as possible

1 Like

First simulation

2 Likes

Looking good!

Thanks you

I need a fairly long strap and I will be able to do the first tests soon

1 Like

I searched on ebay and the missing pieces are ordered

1 Like

this is amazing guys , i want to build one of these, i have a few hover board motors laying around , do you guys think they will work for this ?

If you want realy