Proton- Digital Instrument and Control Panel Touch Screen

@Jc06505n I thought about this when I was designing it, thats why I added a secondary UART port on the panel. That way you can connect your Bluethooth module to it, or whatever needs access to UART.

2 Likes

Ohhhhh you sexy genius. Would the port be on the side , inside, under? This is def a forsure buy.

1 Like

Both ports will be on the side for easy access :+1:

1 Like

I would use this while riding and use my metr module for records and making over layed videos. I’m assuming this could be connected to my slave vesc and it won’t interfere with my metr pro module?

Anyway long way to go here. Watching :+1:

1 Like

Tell me its waterproof and i will buy one :smiley: at least partly like splashes

2 Likes

@i2oadsweepei2 Yes it will work on your slave vesc, it won’t interfere with your metr pro module because its connected to your other vesc.

@Acido No waterproofing so far, however feel free to mod it the way it suits you.

3 Likes

Let me see if I have this right- can I connect my vescs to the computer through this to enter my initial settings, motor detection, etc? Do I even need to or is it powerful enough to run a vesc-tool by itself?

@High-roller I believe initial setup such as motor detection and limits aren’t frequently changed and should be done only once. This device is meant to be used for everyday needs, switching between different riding modes fast and easy. Therefore it wont have initial setup built in.

2 Likes

I question how useful the live statistics will be, down on the board and not directly in my FoV. Still I want one badly, oh so badly I want one!

1 Like

Car gagues often have the same problem (don’t want to be looking at the gagues at WOT). A rolling histogram is great for this, as it lets you see the last few minutes/seconds/whatever clearly and quickly.

1 Like

A rolling histogram as the speedo/amps/etc wouldn’t photograph as well, but as mentioned it’d be worlds more useful.

1 Like

yeah but looking on a car gauges is much easier and safer than on a skate :smiley:

We need something like Ironman has in our full face helmets

11 Likes

Ouff, waterproofing is important for any external electronic equipment for our boards. Especially when one can get caught in the rain, or trying to clean their boards. Would be a hassle to unscrew every time you need to hose it down. Waterproofing should be an aim for ESK8 by now.

4 Likes

Waterproofing wont be difficult to be honest, there are no buttons so less things to worry about. Perhaps if someone has idea on how to cheaply mass waterproof this things I’m a taker :smiley:

Integrated rubber gaskets sandwiched at the edge of the display and between the area on the bottom of the unit and the board - sealing all electronics. Just find the right length and then use small amounts of glue to keep it in place - but make sure when pressure is applied that it keeps a full seal. Also if you’re going to 3d print this one, it’d be better to plastidip all of it and then put the gaskets for 100% waterproofing.

4 Likes

It exists, kinda there’s a company Aecon that makes goggles and glasses that run android and have a display.

Definitely considered ripping it out of my goggles to try and Jimmy rig my pass, but I should probably finish my boards first lol.

3 Likes

For sure this you’d still need to stop to look at.

The projector tech is there, it’s about hacking it into a helmet. Anyone have a Google Glass that still works?

2 Likes

Oakley make Goggles with heads-up dsiplay inside. Granted you’d look a bit daft wearing them in the summer, butthe tech is out there already :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s really nice. After all the phone developments and the no doubt incoming wristwatch ports of all the apps I’d been looking at board based meyers and meh

But this is slick, sell it at a price to make it ubiquitous on most boards huh and not just the prized board?

Nice job

Anyway for a SD port to be added to save lifetime telemetry (I.e lifetime odometer).

The data could be compiled to see data that we usually don’t get to observe Over the course of a VESC’s lifetime, such as the hottest its ever been , the average Wats consumption over its lifetime, the amount of faults, top lifetime speed , displacement travels etc.

Edit: or even Bluetooth Capabilites (one might say this is redundant since it already has a UART port for Bluetooth Mods, but it would skip the Need for an SD Port )that’ll allow Lifetime Data to be wirelessly transferred to a webpage similar to the mertr page that visually displays thedata. People like @Ackmaniac could allow for the data to be transferred and displayed on their app.

2 Likes