PSA 6" tubeless tires will fall off at speeds above 28mph

Please travel slower or tie them to your hubs.

11 Likes

LOL!!! that would be a hell of a scenario to see.

1 Like

Shiiiiiiiiit, that must have been sketchy as fuck. Any injuries?

1 Like

looks down holy fuck where did my wheels go?!?

2 Likes

I’ve had a flat tire on my board when the original plastic rims broke. That was fun enough. I’d hate to have a tire just pop off.

On another note, if it weren’t such a pain to change tires on the sixshooters, I’d consider getting a set of these airless tires and studding them for winter riding.

Arguably makes it look cooler, too :stuck_out_tongue:

Use some of those neon pink cable ties…

1 Like

We weren’t on it. I put them on this board and my Brother in Law was going to test it. I turned it on, spun it up and the wheel expanded and left the hub. The durometer is so soft they just stretch out bigger than the sidewall of the hub. Quite a surprise! But no glory haha!

1 Like

Huh?! It’s easy to change tires on the new sixshooters. 6 screws. I dare say much easier than using a tire tool and prying a tire off of plastic hubs.

2 Likes

I’ve got the older wobblies. The fit of the tubular part to the plate is so tight that I had to heat/cool the parts to get them together.

1 Like

Yup! Those are a pain in the ass. Sixshooters are different.

1 Like

I figured. Good enough for me though, and I’ve already spent too much on the board as is without dropping another $300 on a fresh shiny set.

2 Likes

Spun it up on the bench? Wouldn’t your weight compress them?

@ugothakd Do you really want to test that hypothesis with you on it? Even with full protective gear, I’d be reluctant.

1 Like

Would that put weight everywhere else on the wheel? Spin up is spin up. The faster you go, the urethane expands.

Yea I bought these too. Had a bad experience

1 Like

If you’re on the wheel, then there can’t be any seperation in that spot because your weight is overcoming the wheel’s tendency to stretch outward. That being said the wheel has a chance of falling off right before the contact patch and right after. Either way it’s a scary idea that I wouldn’t want to test

1 Like

Do you think there might some difference between the v1 (wobbly) 6 shooters and the v2s? I’ve hit 30 multiple time on .one and never ‘noticed’ an issue, although I don’t stay at 30 long.

2 Likes

Yeah…that makes no sense but you should test it

1 Like

They are slightly smaller.

That’s what I thought, seems like that would make it worse.