PSA: Don't try to run off your board at high speed, just go down

Ahh dude, I just watched that video full screen. Thats some of the nastiest asphalt/cement Ive ever seen on a public street :fearful:

3 Likes

Sorry yo hear that, man. By the way, last night I went to the dang Raptor thingā€¦ there was nobody to be seen at the Pier 27ā€¦wtf? FB said It was at 8:00 pm? I went there at 9:00 pm. Waste of time. Where was everybody?

One thing I noticed in that part of the city is the bad shape of most roads. 100 year old brickyards. All pavƩ street crisscrossed by streetcar rail lines. Accidents waiting to happen.

Anyway, get well. Hope youā€™ll return to the streets in short time. :+1:

1 Like

sorry to hear about your ankle, I hope it heals fast.

1 Like

Ouch!

I have learned that lesson (no breaking of bones etc, but serious bruises).

It was more of an automatic thing that needed to be rewired in my brain and after about 4 falls and wearing gloves with schapoid protection, I now instinctively just not bother to run, but to concentrate on landing to maximize sliding upon impact and apparently it is no worse than just simply dropping down from a stationary stand.

It all about forward momentum forces going through limbs which is not there in a stationary fall.

Get well soon. Looking forward to some of the upcoming large wheel size hubs.

1 Like

Ouchā€¦ Controlling your fall is a lot harder when holding anything in your hands, you allways try and protect what youā€™re holding.

My broken bike and cracked tibia vs my unshaken McDonaldā€™s chicken dinner and still full n fizzy large coke proved this theory to me quite some moons ago.

Get well soon bro. ride hard fall softly.

3 Likes

Sometimes iits better to just super man it.

30mph turned into just this with full gear(full face, spine protector, hip pads, knees, elbows, slide gloves) This is my remote hand that didnā€™t have a puck.

4 Likes

That sucks to hear Evo, hope you heal up well.

@evoheyax Wow shit happpened pretty hard :confused: rest well !

@Deckoz Which gloves/pucks do you use?

I managed to run off one, but not at 25mph, probably closer to 21. Trail with blackberries on 1 side, chain-link fence on the other and the board in uncontrollable acceleration. Fortunately I had time to setup, so I kicked backwards off the board and landed on my feet, then ran it off. Bruised my heel so bad that I couldnā€™t walk on it for weeks, but otherwise ok.

If Iā€™d been wearing gear Iā€™d have chosen the blackberries, but shorts, t-shirt and a bike helmet.

In any event, yes, night riding presents a whole new set of risks and Iā€™m sorry for your injuries.

2 Likes

I was using sector9, just switched to loaded freeride with a half puck on the remote hand.

The old sector 9 were decent and heavily used. Just needed a new pair since I burnt a hole in the palm

Damn, thatā€™s brutal. Iā€™ve contemplated the best way to fall at higher speed, and it seems like youā€™d be best to tuck and roll or slide it out, if possible. Obviously thatā€™s an issue when youā€™ve got a spare Lipo strapped to your back. This confirms that. Hope you have as quick of a recovery as possible. At least now you have plenty of time to wind motors!

And on another note, Iā€™m thinking of adding a trunk or storage box to one of my boards to hold extra, loose small stuff, keys, wallet, tools, and more importantly, a spare Lipo battery. I always ride with my armor jacket, but it seems kind of dumb to have my backpack on over a nice slippery spine protector. Plus, being a human fire hazard with a spare fire brick attached to your back.

2 Likes

The more pads you can put in contact with the ground, the better.

Knees first. Press your pads against the street and control your slide.

Random note as it came to me in my falls. I used to skydive and you can pivot your body in the air to essentially ā€œpilotā€ your body.

Sliding across pavement is very similar in controlling direction of a slide.lol

1 Like

120 Battery amps total and 480 Motor amps total, at 12s with a 200 lb rider. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thatā€™s why I called my company rocket boards! haha. Planning on 2 models, little rocket and big rocket. Big rocket will feature the 3x long motors we will produce again in the near future. Little rocket is basically this board :slight_smile: Only 4wd from me.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about this, It happens to me with the f*** blink s brakes, I was hitting 20 downhill then the brakes gives me speed woobles and flew away in front of my board, lot of road rush and knees got way too bad, blink s is dam dangerous.

Hope you have a fast healing man!

What battery do you run to get 120A?

That board is crazy powerful, scared the crap out of me when I gave it full go. I hope you recover well, that was a big one.

Hope you heal fast @evoheyax! Sorry that happened to you. I did almost the same thing when @Moja came to Portland. I put a hug hole in my arm down to the bone and some pretty hardcore road rash down the left side of my body!!! Sucks because Iā€™ve skated that sidewalk many times without any problems.

I also just did a run out at about 15mph about 3 weeks ago and still managed to break my foot!!! Stayed on my feet the whole time too. Iā€™m pretty happy with the bone breaking rather than what happened to you. Sounds like a long recovery. Iā€™m already back to ripping the streets.

:pray:t2: Heal fast brotha

2 Likes

Yea this is more of a pain then a break. Just glad though itā€™s not a break and a torn ligament.

Swelling better today. I can move it about 5 degrees where as yesterday, it was too swollen to move it at all.

Hopefully I can walk again in a few weeks. Just really curious if Iā€™ll be able to ride without the surgery. With my schedule. Next summer is the earliest Iā€™ll be able to get the surgery.

3 Likes

Yuck. So its for sure that a surgery is needed then? That really sucks dude. Thereā€™s never good timing for these kinds of accidents. I broke my foot 2 days before my Raptor 2 got here and it just about killed my soul. Iā€™ve been waiting since the second it started selling last November. Butā€¦ Like the complete dumbshit I am I still rode that fucking R2 the day it got here with my boot on and everything. Hope you can get back to riding ASAP! Iā€™ve been waiting as patiently as possible to be able to buy these hubs you guys are working on.