Psychotiller Mount Loose

Damn! Why do you think it broke again? Any chance your wheel pulley is off center? Is the mount welded to the flex clamp?

I gauged my wheel pulley at under 2 thousandths. About as good as it gets I think. I’m guessing heating the mount for welding caused it to become brittle. Add some motor torque and it snapped. Yes it’s welded to the flex clamp. I was tired of things coming loose. Put about 100 miles on it welded up and didn’t give me any issue’s until this.

was gonna say something about the aluminium looked off, like it had air bubbles in it.

No, that’s just flaking spray paint.

that silver stuff still on the hanger?

I’ll send you another mount if you want?

@delta_19 That’s just a bit messy on the weld. @psychotiller shure. I will give it another shot. Just went and picked up another truck. Was debating where to go from here.

Shoot me your address again and I’ll get it packed up.

I’m working on a titanium solution for the plate. I think it will give flex a better fight than aluminum. Probably about a month out.

This is reality though: https://sites.google.com/site/psychotiller/r-i-p-b-a-axle-set-mount

I just pushed the order and the machining is underway.

2 Likes

mother of god

that could change everything.

1 Like

“Brown Magic” 20 . .

1 Like

Recently ordered Psycho60 O.G. mount. My question is: If I have an issue with the mount coming loose, would heat shrink or rolled shim material be my best solution to snug the mount to the truck? I have access to any thickness of SS shim ranging from 0.1mm to 1.0mm.

Then try to glue it together with some epoxy!

Something must be wrong with your setup! :open_mouth:

If you just ordered, it came with a metal shim of a specific thickness. Rolled shim material would be a good choice though.

I got the mount from longhairboy and didn’t receive a shim or I overlooked it in excitement and threw it away. Figured brass shim stock would be best case scenario. Thanks man.

Ok. I always do the drop ship. Let me know if you don’t get it figured out!

@psychotiller, how do those cups stay in place? Are they press-fit to the axles or just relying on the bolted compression force of the axle nut through the bearings and spacer?

Yes “relying on the bolted compression force of the axle nut through the bearings and spacer” and four 5mm set screws at opposing locations. I’m going to test a couple using moldable epoxy too.

Also has an integrated speed ring.