Question about anti spark xt90 loop key

That’s the series connector

And thanks a lot I really do appreciate it

Inside the shrink tube they solder the bottom part of both xt60s together with just the soldering stuff and the top parts with black and red wire leading to the connector for the vesc.

I am not an artist…is is clear now?

1 Like

Also i do not recommend you that series harness, unless it is already XT60 to XT90, because soldering of this one could be a little bit compliated :confused: Buy a one with wires and follow the diagram

Really helpful just one question: do I cut the red wire in half to put the loop on or do I just make a little hole in the rubber and use short wire to solder it on?

I already bought that harness but the last one I bought I looked inside and I understand how it works as if I was using a different one.

All I am going to do is solder on an xt90 instead of the xt60. I just have to make sure that - with - and + with +

Just want to make sure, is red wire positive or negative?

You cut it, the whole circuit mustnt be closed/complete when the eboard is off…

Yep it is possible, but I do not know how it looks inside of these harnesses, it might not fit the XT90 soldering tabs…

Red is positive…

Meaning i have to cut the wire in half and solder each half to the soldering tabs of the loop??

This is what I got Amass XT90-S 90A Anti Spark 4.5mm Connector Plug Male/Female (Upgrade XT90) US https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F281524889384

Also just one more question(sorry), do I have to bridge the contacts of the loop, and if so do I use black or red wire

Yep…you solder the wire going from the battery to one pole of the XT90 connector and the wire going from the ESC to the second pole of the XT90…then you have the XT90-S plug where you use just one wire and solder him just like that he connects both poles (make a loop)…when you plug in the XT90-S connector, the capacitor inside of it (is it capacitor? I am not sure, maybe rezistor, does not matter, works anyway) takes the burst current that could possible dmg your ESC, as you plug it all the way in the circuit is completed and the current can go through the ESC without dmging it :slight_smile:

Does not matter, whatever color you like :smiley:

Thanks so much. I really appreciate it.:+1:

Sorry but the wire from the xt90 goes into positive or negative of loop and wire from xt60 goes into positive or negative of the loop?

• (plus) from the battery, - from the battery :slight_smile: But it should not really matter :slight_smile: the main thing, that there is the capacitor between them :slight_smile:

No problem, feel free to ask if you need help :slight_smile: To make sure you dont dmg anything post the pic of your build before you make your first test and somone will tell you if everything is soldered correctly :slight_smile: Do not forgot to isolate everything correctly :slight_smile:

So It doesn’t matter if the side of the capacitor says + or -. The 2 halves of wires can go on either side?

And hopefully I will post a pic before testing. Thanks