Question for Li-ion Battery Builders | 10s2p Battery Configuration

Is it possible to build a 10s2p battery cell with a 5 wide 4 long li-ion cell? Like this:

• | | | | |
  • | | | | |
  • | | | | |
  • | | | | |

I’m looking into custom li-ion batteries in general and was curious if this configuration is possible.

2 Likes

Everything is possible if you wire it up correctly

2 Likes

use that config but separate the Pgroups vibration wise

What do you mean by vibration wise?

1 Like

Insulate the pack so it absorbs vibration so connections don’t fail during rides

1 Like

I’ve just built my first battery (12s12p), and used 3mm neoprene foam tape between the different groups hoping that it prevents movement and abrasion, thus keeping sufficient segregation to insulate. Take care with the nickel strip. Even accidenlty shorting a single cell with it in your hand can melt a slice into your fingers before you know whats happened - I did this making a battery for a helmet light. At the positive ends I put extra cardboard rings beneath each cell as well as cardboard squares (not the good kind) beneath the strip to further reduce the chance of it shorting to the cell body (negative of that cell), and also cut the nickel strip with round ends so there’s nothing overhanging. As the other guys here have pointed out, it’s mechanical construction quality you need to consider, especially if it needs to flex. 10s2p sounds like quite a small battery too.