Questions for my first build: Fusing, loop-key and vesc configs

What I’m saying is that I would put the fuse on the charge port itself, not somewhere else in the circuit like that.

BMS bypassed with loopkey and discharging with lights/accessories circuit

If your BMS doesn’t have C- or CH-, then connect that wire to P-

beautiful diagrams

Yup, I read some topics about it and I remember this opinion. Ok thanks.

In my case, something like that:

I say nothing :eyes:

I bought these, they are ok?

1 Like

Looks fine to me

1 Like

Good! Please can you also confirm the fuses that I linked?

I didn’t see any links, but these work good for charge ports

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Littelfuse/0997007.5WXN?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsh2y49K8ANrYB63nQN2nH5H23b06A9xQM%3D

for 5A max charging. I epoxy them inside the enclosure somewhere near the charge port and just solder wires to them. If you ever blow it, just epoxy a new one on top of it. Typically they don’t blow, and if they do, then you’ll have fun changing the fuse knowing that you’re not buying a new battery or house.

1 Like

Great! Thank you. I actually think I’m going to use the fuse holder ( I really like a clean hw setup :eyes: ).

What about using a fuse to avoid only a short circuit identifying the device with the lowest amps limit?

For example my VESC can handle 150A (instant peak), so using a 120A fuse might be somehow useful for the electronics? Considering that I don’t expect to set “motor max current” higher than 85-100A.

@b264 Sorry for the quote, can you check my last post?

Sure.

Cheers

1 Like

BTW I solved by designing and printing an holder :wink:.

Here is it:

1 Like

Very clean!

1 Like

Thanks!

I shared the design if it could be useful: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4776368

2 Likes

Why is the fuse on the negative?

1 Like

Because we are currently in the shadow realm

YOU NEED TO WAKE UP

Because the nature of MOSFETs means a common anode design is cheaper and more powerful, so that’s why BMSs are designed to switch the negative lines.

2 Likes

No, an added fuse on charge line, is shown as on the neg.

It doesn’t matter which side it’s on.

1 Like