Quick charger question

This.

I want to increase my regen current settings on my Evo that has that particular BMS and I have not done it yet because I do not know what will happen.

1 Like

What’s your actual batt regen settings?

For example I set -15A each vesc so -30A in total. In real life the total batt regen current flow never exceeds about -15A (monitored by app), the highest ever was -17A but usually it’s less even with hard breaking.

Edit: But I have to say that i mainly break at low or mid speed or downhill and usually not at higher speed. When I ride fast then I don’t break, why should I :laughing:?

1 Like

Plenty of good reasons… XP

I worry about this too, and although the regen current might be beneficial for a smaller battery, have you guys ever thought of using the Rbreak that maytech makes? Ive been thinking about it, and more and more im ok with the idea of losing regen current, but trading it for always usable breaks

On that particular board I have it set at -10A per Vesc.

So 2 x 10A= 20A which is the BMS’s maximum charge current.

There are lots of times where my total regen current is right at the limit.

Here is an example

What’s that and which esc?

I personally never lost brakes only balance.

Interesting. Seems I’m not breaking hard enough

2 Likes

I would be very interested to see what my currents are with my Trampa (regen set at -40A per vesc :joy:) but I don’t have a metr pro module installed in that one.

1 Like

Meaning it should help prevent errors like over voltage, and I would guess some of the amperage as well, I think it was brought up that Regen was lessened.

This is guesswork on my part, but it seems like a product that would be pretty applicable

1 Like

I’ve double checked with Build Kit Boards and have been assured that it’s a typo on the sheet and that BMS is indeed a 20a charge max