R/electric skateboarding sucks!

@Hummie posted some info about his hubs, and people just don’t seem to get it and seem pretty toxic

Screenshot_20190731-172825

7 Likes

Shocker, internet sarcasm rarely works when you are new on a forum.

Hummie dropped a photo, effectively dissed most boards owned by r/electricskateboarding, and left. What could go wrong?

9 Likes

Yea sarcasm doesn’t translate well onto the internet, especially with just straight up advertisements. I allow posts advertising new products, but general advertisement is looked down upon.

2 Likes

Summed that up perfectly😆

1 Like

That shit was hilarious :joy:

If you think it’s too expensive then just don’t buy them and shut up. No one is threatening you to buy them geezzz…

Unless they actually were some cheap rebranded hubs THEN SAY IT!

And the fact that someone’s butt hurts because Hummie can produce the motors without any big machines is just ridiculous…

6 Likes

@Hummie is a frigging genius. Big brands are behind him regarding hub motor performance and not the other way around. All from a basement in San Francisco.

4 Likes

They’re complaining about the price of the far superior hubs but some of them happy to pay upwards of 1500 on an evolve or raptor. Goddam

5 Likes

"Gosh you’re a very angry person arent you"

6 Likes

it was dumb of me to go about it that way. what can I say, I already know im immature and not biz savy. just a one trick pony. ive been over there patching it up.

7 Likes

@Hummie You jokester you… Alan batting for you tho! You bring the laughs though. The forum wouldn’t be the same without you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

o youre over there? don’t know if Im intentionally bringing laughs! thanks Alan.

1 Like

I sent you a PM warning this might happen :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It was only a joke, they all took it way to seriously. I though it was funny

1 Like

Reddit. No jokes allowed.

You should have posted in memes, and replied in memes. Would have gone better.

3 Likes

MEME2019-08-01-12-39-25

9 Likes

That was like a funny honest post heading.

But for those egg heads words like premium cutting edge technology woulda got across better.

1 Like

Hey I also battled a little :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I posted a story about my meepo NLS breaking because of the wiring. I didnt add a TLDR but my whole point was warning users who bought the board for its claimed “easy swap battery” to be careful because the wires to my charging port keep coming off. All i got on the subreddit was “get better at soldering”, “just fix it again”, Are you insane?" and etc. I fixed the issue 3 times in a row. First time I had an engineer of 31 years resolder the wires for me so its not a case of “get gud scrub”. The other 2 times were one of the same engineer and another of a friend who coated the thing in solder. The other negative wire finally popped off and I said I want meepo to contact me about getting a new enclosure. All I got was people that were infuriated I couldnt handle the “general repairs that all boards have”. Its not a general repair in my eyes and im honestly mad at those redditors for being so toxic. General repairs involve basic things like new bearings and wheels and PU sleeves and whatever, not having special tools and equipment to resolder one of the main features on the daen device.

3 Likes

It’s funny how people were like “my phone is more expensive because it requires complex machinery to manufacturer.”

But people don’t take into account that if your phone dies the worst that happen is you lose some data and contacts :upside_down_face:, and if any part of your esk8 fails your playing with your life.

3 Likes

r/ElectricSkateboarding is where people go to show off their new budget China board that they got on a rainy day and where Chinese companies go to shill their boards every two weeks where they introduce an incremental improvement which they then market as a completely new board. Threads get all quiet when you try to post anything worth a damn. If I ever want to intentionally raise my blood pressure, I can simply read through a few of the posts there.

4 Likes