R spec raptor drive kit 2.1 With 12S battery

and yet the fuse on the eswitch is only 70a max

1 Like

Never blew the 70a fuse, always floated the fets

You see 70a fuse is rated for 70a constant so it can handle short burst of higher amps. The fuse was never the problem lol

1 Like

Zomg reminds me of Shake Weight Big Jim

I asked to enertion support because i wanted to do the same but they answered, it will be 31mph no more

Once and for all, I’ll run a KV test and find out how fast this goes.

hmm interesting. You need to use their custom FOCBOX Tool and it only has FOC.

I thought it was limited to 20a per focbox or did I forget

Your can push 120a through a focbox if it has adquit cooling I believe. But don’t quote me

I was talking about raptor 2 firmware :joy:

running 80 amp instead of 30amp give you more torque an not more speed right ??

In theory you could pull unlimited amps, you just need to keep the temperatur down… Heat is really the only thing that limits the current output.

1 Like

Speed is determined by battery voltage, motor kv and wheel size, amps don’t affect speed unless you don’t have enough to push through wind resistance.

More amps is more torque basicly. Motor amps are low end torque and battery amps is high end torque.

4 Likes

ok thaks for that peace of knowledge haha :slight_smile: ! @Battosaii

Actually not true because I believe that hardware has it’s limits like if you push 1000a though you might instantly blow some components no matter the temp

And also 22a should be enough for any motor to reach max speed anything more than that is just extra acceleration

2 Likes

No. Heat is the only factor that limits amps. Its not like voltage, where there is a hard limit of 60V for example. At 1000amps you would blow the esc in a matter of milliseconds. Again, due to heat.

Excatally and there would be no heatsink large enough meaning that it’s a hardware limit, the esc would blow so fast the fets to not even heat up much

1 Like

Again, its not a hard limit, but a heat problem. The fets wouldnt just blow by themselves even if the current is 1000 amps. They would blow due to extreme heating, therefore not a hardware limit, but a heat problem.

and yet if you get some bigger fets (not only fets) it would solve the problem see its a hardware issue not a software

the fets would again heat up so fast and blow it would not even be hot if you touch it.

Never stated it was a software limit. I said its a soft limit, which means that its only limited by heat. If you where to cool it enought (submerge it in liquid nitrogen as an example) you could run extreme amounts of amps. 60V however is an hardware limit, as there is no way to come around that problem.